Crop it like it's hot...

bkristopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkristopher.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was considering a crop for this picture and thought, "Would someone else see a crop I don't?". Feel free to crop this shot to your liking.

sunset.jpg

Hmmm so many choices... would I crop the sky? Or the clouds? Or the sky with clouds? Just so hard to tell.

It's a good capture of late evening clouds. The problem is there is nothing for the viewer to focus in on. If you were cropping, you would crop to enhance that "something". I would guess that your original attraction is the orange glow of the bottom side. If you need to crop, then I would do it to enhance that section.

It's a good capture of late evening clouds. The problem is there is nothing for the viewer to focus in on. If you were cropping, you would crop to enhance that "something". I would guess that your original attraction is the orange glow of the bottom side. If you need to crop, then I would do it to enhance that section.

Truth be told, I am still breaking in my camera and when I noticed the clouds outside of my window I just snapped off a few shots. I completely agree with what you are saying.

I think it is good. You can also play around with the temperature, vibrant, and the clarity. I know it wont be natural but you can make the color really cool (if you were on acid or something LOL).

I think the reason you're having difficulty determining a proper crop for this photograph is because there's nothing really for the eye to focus on. Sure, it's a pretty shot of some clouds. But anyway you crop it is going to look pretty much the same. Just some pretty clouds.

I would love to see something as a focal point of the shot. Something in the foreground. A bird. A plane. Superman? Just something else to gold my interest.

Crop this shot however you'd like, but it wouldn't really change much. The eye really needs something more to focus on. I don't want to sound mean, I just want to help. Hopefully I have been able to help.

What if the clouds look like Homer Simpson? LOL

I think the reason you're having difficulty determining a proper crop for this photograph is because there's nothing really for the eye to focus on. Sure, it's a pretty shot of some clouds. But anyway you crop it is going to look pretty much the same. Just some pretty clouds.

I would love to see something as a focal point of the shot. Something in the foreground. A bird. A plane. Superman? Just something else to gold my interest.

Crop this shot however you'd like, but it wouldn't really change much. The eye really needs something more to focus on. I don't want to sound mean, I just want to help. Hopefully I have been able to help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back