Crop on Not?

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this a few years ago and edited today. Subject is a good friend. She hates her legs in the full length so I cropped for her.

_POR5484-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

_POR5484-Edit-2
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

I did quite a bit of body contouring but she still thinks her legs are chubby :(

I think I like the crop better. But not because I think her legs are chubby, nothing wrong with them, I just don't like the stance.

It always amazes me that the feminist movement has done nothing to alleviate female insecurities. Most guys don't care what the various sundry parts look like. Walk down any beach on a warm day, and it's pretty evident.

The highlights on the right side of the legs, I think minimize the thickness, and looks great. Maybe a different stance would have made them appear thinner (in her eyes), but I don't see anything wrong. Not a big fan of the crop. Maybe come in tighter and crop mid thigh? Or just do a little creative brush work on the legs in the original in PS.

Every woman I've ever worked with, whether big or small, short or tall, has had a fairly poor self image. Part of what I try to do is to help them see what I see. Kinda sad really as I see every woman as unique in her own beautiful way.

NOTHING wrong with those pins at all! That said, I much prefer the second crop simply because it brings her face "closer" to the viewer.

I like the uncropped version maybe a slight bit more than the cropped one, but both are usable, both are quite acceptable. This is very close to the virtual "tie", but not quite a tie; meaning, I go back and forth, and look at each one, and ever so slightly prefer the uncropped shot.

I like the full length, the legs lookjust fine to me. But I'm not a woman.

Both images look good for reasons stated but I sure don't mind those legs. She's beautiful!

Trevor, how come every time you post a picture I fall in love? ;) :586:

Her legs look great to me! :)
I do like the crop a little better, just because it feels more personal with the closer eye contact.
It is a great photo, with a beautiful model, cropped or not. :)

I think I love the uncropped one, but the way she stand is really disturbing. So I prefer the cropped.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back