What's new

Crop vs not cropped / C&C

Danny_511

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
160
Reaction score
6
Location
Illinois
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was downtown with my mom to go to an open house at Columbia College and while we were walking around, of course I snapped a few photos. Nothing too serious, but not just for fun either. At any rate, I had about 8 keepers and after editing, I thought, "maybe I should crop these a bit?" Now im torn between cropped and uncropped. Here are the pictures. Uncropped $uploadfromtaptalk1365285974589.webp Cropped $uploadfromtaptalk1365285994981.webp Uncropped $uploadfromtaptalk1365286015364.webp Cropped $uploadfromtaptalk1365286039501.webp Uncropped $uploadfromtaptalk1365286061755.webp Cropped $uploadfromtaptalk1365286082634.webp and this one was just an extra. Any opinions/criticisms are accepted. Try not to be too brutal :)
 

Attachments

  • $uploadfromtaptalk1365286115283.webp
    $uploadfromtaptalk1365286115283.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 125
I like crops that eliminate anything that you don't need to tell the story you want to tell.
What about the story can't you tell from this crop?

$uploadfromtaptalk1365286039501llll.webp
 
To be unfortunately honest, I don't think there is enough to these shots to like or dislike.
There doesn't seem to be much of interest or attractiveness and it's not clear what you found interesting, or at least it doesn't come across to me.

That is Chicago.
A big city.
Find something interesting and catch it in the frame.

Sorry

link
 
To be unfortunately honest, I don't think there is enough to these shots to like or dislike.
There doesn't seem to be much of interest or attractiveness and it's not clear what you found interesting, or at least it doesn't come across to me.

That is Chicago.
A big city.
Find something interesting and catch it in the frame.

Sorry

link

I live in chicago, the touristy crap bores me. Honestly, I just needed help with the crop. I hope Im not coming off as rude, your opinion is still appreciated.
 
I live in chicago, the touristy crap bores me. Honestly, I just needed help with the crop. I hope Im not coming off as rude, your opinion is still appreciated.

Not at all.
I love big cities and I don't mean the touristy stuff.
Like exists there in great big chunks and walking around in the loop during rush hour is a street shooter's paradise.
If you go to school in Chicago, that's a great opportunity to actually learn street shooting.
 
Ok, well sometimes it can be difficult giving advice on one spesific issue if that's not my major bugbear with the photo. It might help if you gave a bit more info on why it's only the crop you want advice on.

Imo, I prefer the uncropped versions btw.
 
Ok, well sometimes it can be difficult giving advice on one spesific issue if that's not my major bugbear with the photo. It might help if you gave a bit more info on why it's only the crop you want advice on.

Imo, I prefer the uncropped versions btw.

Yeah, I see that now. And thank you
 
I live in chicago, the touristy crap bores me. Honestly, I just needed help with the crop. I hope Im not coming off as rude, your opinion is still appreciated.

Not at all.
I love big cities and I don't mean the touristy stuff.
Like exists there in great big chunks and walking around in the loop during rush hour is a street shooter's paradise.
If you go to school in Chicago, that's a great opportunity to actually learn street shooting.

Ohhhhhh, ok I get it now. I thought you meant take pics of buildings and stuff. But I agree about rush hour, I got few prize winning shots (literally) downtown during rush hour. When I was shooting today it was about 9:00am.
 
I prefer them all uncropped. I am Very new to this but just visually that is what I prefer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom