cropping help

brudawn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! I took this photo a few weeks ago at the Cleveland Air Show - I am looking for some suggestions on how I can crop the photo to make it a little more interesting and make the plane "pop" in the picture.

Thanks!
bawater.jpg

To crop that photo I would take the image into photoshop and divide the entire image into a tic-tac toe board with guides. Then I would double click on the background layer and move the most interesting part of your subject where the tic-tac toe corners meet (see rule of thirds). After I would crop the entire image.

but once you crop it the thirds change. I'd take off most of the picture behind (to the right) of the plane. Also some of that sky can come off

To grab the attention of your viewers use more PS, I'd over emphasize the blue in the plane since you've done selective coloring on it. Just oversaturate it a little, or change it to a slightly lighter blue. Just an idea

too bad you didn't get the plane while it was above the horizon, it would help fill the otherwise dead space.

i'd opt for the panorama also, crop out the top of the photo above the barge and then some of the right part of the photo, so it leaves the plane on the right side of the image instead of centered.

Most reactions

Back