CS3 Tutorials??

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a high school math teacher at a really nice school. I have 2 plannings and during one of them I sometimes sit in the digital photography class to learn some tips on CS3. I've been able to learn quite a bit in the way of basics and keyboard shortcuts, but as the year progresses I find myself with more work to do (grading, etc.) during my plannings so I'm not able to go to the photography class anymore.

Do any of you know of a good book or web site that offers good tutorials? I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday and saw a magazine called "Photoshop Creative" that looked pretty good, but I wanted to see if y'all knew of anything else before I spend $30 on it.

I was also wondering if there are any good podcasts from iTunes I could download in this category. I've seen there are lots of free ones, but don't know which would be the better ones to download.

Thanks!

There are tons of tuts available...just do a google and you kind find all kinds.

The problem with tutorial sites is that there is way too much stuff to browse through to find the good photography related stuff. I have been on countless photoshop tutorials only to give up after seeing the "create chrome text" and similar tutorials for the thousandth time.

I prefer to see what people actually do when they edit something someone has posted here on the forum. This is real world as you see a real photo from a real person that needs a little help.

I have seen so many photos similar to my photos that someone asked for help or critique and someone more experienced does an edit that just blows my mind at the result. Every time I see this, I want to know how they edited it.

Edits people do for others here are the real world "tutorials".

A great podcast I watch all the time is called Pixel perfect. It's hosted on this site....
Link
http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/

The guy that does the podcast is Burt Monroe. He will do lots with photoshop and sometimes through inillustrator. You download the quicktime large for my ipod touch. I have learned lots of things from this site. Also if you into tech computers there other shows that are diy podcast on here as well. Check it out I think you will like it.

P.S. under itunes you can subscribe to it as well if you want. To search for it go under video podcast and tech. Or you just download them from there own site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back