What's new

CS4 HDR problems.

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I try to merge images for HDR in photoshop, it almost always freezes up and stops responding. Any ideas why?

I am running Intel Core Duo 2.54ghz with 4GB of RAM.


Windows Vista 32-bit. I tried once with only 3 exposures being blended and it worked, but most cases ( even with only 3 pictures ) it freezes. It will open the pics as layers, but then freezes during Alignment.
 
I had the exact same problem with CS4! It would convert one RAW picture bracketed to 3 exposures, but would freeze up with everything else. But I found the perfect fix: I bought Photomatix, too :greenpbl:
 
I've done it many times, with three exposures (and less computing power than you have). It's slow but it doesn't freeze up on me.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
Well, one time, it started to work and showed the meter which moved almost an unnoticeable amount after about 10 minutes, but then when if I click on anything else or like minimize the window it lags and freezes up and then the top menu bar ( or the small icon in windows if it is minimized to the taskbar ) says "Not Responding" Maybe I just have to give it more time. It just seemed to be EXTREMELY slow. I have the trial of photomatix and it groups the same pictures in about 5 minutes. I just don't want to spend another $100 if CS4 is supposed to be able to do it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom