CS4 HDR problems.

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I try to merge images for HDR in photoshop, it almost always freezes up and stops responding. Any ideas why?

I am running Intel Core Duo 2.54ghz with 4GB of RAM.

Windows Vista 32-bit. I tried once with only 3 exposures being blended and it worked, but most cases ( even with only 3 pictures ) it freezes. It will open the pics as layers, but then freezes during Alignment.

I had the exact same problem with CS4! It would convert one RAW picture bracketed to 3 exposures, but would freeze up with everything else. But I found the perfect fix: I bought Photomatix, too :greenpbl:

I've done it many times, with three exposures (and less computing power than you have). It's slow but it doesn't freeze up on me.

Well, one time, it started to work and showed the meter which moved almost an unnoticeable amount after about 10 minutes, but then when if I click on anything else or like minimize the window it lags and freezes up and then the top menu bar ( or the small icon in windows if it is minimized to the taskbar ) says "Not Responding" Maybe I just have to give it more time. It just seemed to be EXTREMELY slow. I have the trial of photomatix and it groups the same pictures in about 5 minutes. I just don't want to spend another $100 if CS4 is supposed to be able to do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back