Cumberland Island- Estate

myopia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1. The Burned Down Greene Plantation. It's called Dungeness.

2950092533_7a90969a07.jpg

2. Estate Grounds

2950929368_46c37c021b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos- great place. I spent a week on Cumberland hiking with a couple of friends back in the 90's- what an adventure! That sulphur water coming from the well about midway up the island was just about unbearable. I was propped against a tree at one point- with a 70 lb backpack-and my attention was drawn to a rather hefty-sized rock nearby. Just as I thought, "hey, there are no rocks on this island...", it jumped several feet in the air and scampered off!! I emitted a girlie scream and had to pick myself off of my butt, but I resolved never to let an armadillo own me like that again.

Nice photos- great place. I spent a week on Cumberland hiking with a couple of friends back in the 90's- what an adventure! That sulphur water coming from the well about midway up the island was just about unbearable. I was propped against a tree at one point- with a 70 lb backpack-and my attention was drawn to a rather hefty-sized rock nearby. Just as I thought, "hey, there are no rocks on this island...", it jumped several feet in the air and scampered off!! I emitted a girlie scream and had to pick myself off of my butt, but I resolved never to let an armadillo own me like that again.

HAHA. I had a similar experience, only with a pack of giant wild hogs with tusks chasing me down a road...

Most reactions

Back