Curious: What's your favourite donuts

A Mars bar, dipped in the same batter used for fish and then chucked in hot oil. Once it's brown it's ready.
They go crispy on the outside and the chocolate, nougat and caramel melt on the inside. They get red hot though.

AlisonS said:
I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl :) My fave....love the chocolate cake type ones, and Boston Cream. We had Krispy Kreme in MN but they were to sugary for me. I like a donut with a little more bulk to it :mrgreen:

I love the cake ones, and fluffy ones like the cruller.

I hate duchies. I love raisons but not in my doughnuts :)

Mmm....I wonder if anyone around here makes those deep fried Mars bars......

Matt, I think you need to see a doctor :) You're sick. :puke-rig:

Chase said:
There was a little family-owned bakery where I grew up that made them and they were absolutely the best! Just about any popular kind you can think of and made fresh every morning. :goodvibe:

I dig the fresh part.

I want doughnuts....there's a Timmy's a few blocks over......I'm tempted. But it's cold outside. And they now have those stupid flat boxes that Krispy Creme uses. I prefer the boxes with the handles that hurt to carry for a longer period of time :)

But I have to make the batter....get the oil. learn how to use the deep frying thing....and Mom would get b**chy because that's how she is....naw, too much of a hassle. I'll wait until the next time she's out of town :)

Would the company who makes them get mad if I made them, and made a success out of them by selling it? lol

There isn't a company. Fish and chips shops 'oop norf started selling them on the side. They use the same batter, the same cooker. They do all sorts of stuff now. Including deep fried pizzas. :shock:

Photong, I love your new Av!! :mrgreen:

ferny said:
Including deep fried pizzas. :shock:

Wow...that's a heart attack waiting to be eaten.

Whilst we're diverting this thread to the gorgeous photong. Your website won't load for me. It just sits there taking all day. :(

Krispy Kreme all the way baby... Any doughnut, no matter whether plain or filled. :)

AlisonS said:
I'm a Dunkin Donuts girl :) My fave....love the chocolate cake type ones, and Boston Cream. We had Krispy Kreme in MN but they were to sugary for me. I like a donut with a little more bulk to it :mrgreen:
Word up! Nothing beats a dunkin donut chocolate cake doughnut!

One emoticon describes krispy kreme perfectly...... :puke:

voodoocat said:
AlisonS said:
Word up! Nothing beats a dunkin donut chocolate cake doughnut!

Except one dipped in a Mocha :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back