cursed camera

I remember how much I enjoyed the day books of edward weston. So when I began writing on first another forum, I wrote a little about the day to day life of a photographer who wasn't trying to pay the bills, and wasn't worried about whether his shots came out perfect the first time, just one guy who still did things himself.

I was surprised on the other forum how many people read the posts and enjoyed the small victories and the defeats. Most never made a comment but the reader number kept growing as people returned over and over to see what I was up to next.

I first I felt a little like it was egotistical of me to think anyone cared, but then I realized that it was me they gave rats rear about it was the struggle. Then I stopped worrying about it and just kept a kind of loose forum journal.

At this point someone should probably stop me, but alas I keep right on going. Tomorrow I test the fix I did on the 3a 4x5 as i have come to think of it. So we will see how I did. It looks some different now than it did this morning so I'll send along a new pic.

It is my plan to shoot a picture of my other homemade 4x5 with the 3a tomorrow. We shall see what we see then.

the curse of the 3a continues

I shot the 4x5 image of the baush 4x5 this morning with the 3a 4x5 and it was an outdoor studio setup. I misread the funky light so it is under exposed but I am going to blame it on the curse anyway.

What I do have is a picture of the new improved not light leaking 3a... It looks a little better too.

pml5.jpg

there will be a shot of and by the baush 4x5 in about an hour under a new thread that is it for this one.

Im thinking i might ought to grind down the porjections on the black part and veneer it wood as well but for now it is what it is. Cobbled Camera 3a 4x5

Oh and the silver thingie on the lens is a close up lens #1 that worked well except i underexposed the picture.

Most reactions

Back