Cute alert!

E here you go Hummingbird Nest Cam, Ustream.TV: Phoebe is a Channel Island Allen (S.s. sedentarius) hummingbird in Orange County, California. She has been laying 4 to 5 ...

and if you really like hummingbirds Tucson is a great place to visit. This is video at my friends B&B just north of town
[video=vimeo;27740848]http://vimeo.com/27740848[/video]
the HB's are literlly flying around like bees at a hive there are so many. I was up on Mt. Lemmon this past weekend and was watching a Magnificent HB getting pretty rough with some of the smaller ones you could actually hear him hit them with a loud thump. Also here is the link to my friends blog his takes some great HB shots. News! – Wild Outdoor World of Arizona

Oh yes...........I know all about Phoebe.
I've watched two broods of her's fledge, as they did it, and not the videos. There's another live site I've watched too, called Hummingbirds Up Close: Hummingbirds up close on USTREAM: Fluff is sitting on two eggs. They should hatch soon... Not sure when the season starts there. I think Phoebe's starts again in October? On our friend's deck, there are a lot that will buzz around your head, while you're sitting there.

BTW..........
Your friend needs to quit using the red liquid in the feeders. It tells all over the internet that the dye or food coloring isn't healthy for them or their babies. He should mix it up with four parts water, to one part table sugar, in boiling water. Of course, let it cool........ :) Our's wouldn't even drink the red stuff. I bought it when I didn't know any better. They love the homemade stuff.

Last edited:
"BTW..........
Your friend needs to quit using the red liquid in the feeders. It tells all over the internet that the dye or food coloring isn't healthy for them or their babies. He should mix it up with four parts water, to one part table sugar, in boiling water. Of course, let it cool........ :) Our's wouldn't even drink the red stuff. I bought it when I didn't know any better. They love the homemade stuff. "

I don't use pre-mix, liquid IS NOT colored, have 26 feeders, fill and clean all each morning, been doing this for decades…:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back