Cute kids at the beach - C&C please! (pic heavy)

memily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went on a vacation with our family and friends and I wanted to get some shots of the kids on the beach. The time of day was not ideal (shadows and raccoon eyes) but I tried anyway. My daughter was not at all cooperative but her friend's ADORABLE little brother was too cute not to chase around. Sorry to include so many but I was hoping for opinions on the best shots of the bunch.

THANKS!

IMG_5461 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5479 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5484 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5464bw by megan.dias, on Flickr

aIMG_5463 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5475 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5480bw2 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5427 by megan.dias, on Flickr

9. I tried to get her to turn to avoid shadows but she wasn't having it...

IMG_5456 by megan.dias, on Flickr

IMG_5445 by megan.dias, on Flickr

Did I scare everyone away because it's "pic heavy" ? ;)

#7 is really cute. #5 is nice because you got down to his level. #10 again you got to her level, but she was squinting a bit much from looking towards the sun.

Perhaps you could have spun her a little to her right and used your flash.

#7 is really cute. #5 is nice because you got down to his level. #10 again you got to her level, but she was squinting a bit much from looking towards the sun.

Thanks for the feedback. In #9 and #10 I tried to get her to turn but she was so upset about the fact that I had my camera. I just snapped it anyway. #9 is a direct reflection of her mood and rebellion haha. I do want to experiment with my flash next time. I haven't used it outside at all yet.

Shooting from above, ie not getting down to their level, usually makes for awkward looking photos.

Shooting from above, ie not getting down to their level, usually makes for awkward looking photos.

Thanks. Good reminder to stay low at all costs. I tried to as much as possible but they just move, move, move so I kept having to jump back up and chase but then I'd see something and want to get the shot.

How old is she? #9 looks just like how my 3yo acts when she sees the camera and isn't in a perfect mood. I can take her picture but I'd better not ask her to turn to fsce another direction or move to another spot.

How old is she? #9 looks just like how my 3yo acts when she sees the camera and isn't in a perfect mood. I can take her picture but I'd better not ask her to turn to fsce another direction or move to another spot.

Hit the nail on the head. She's 3 1/2 and this is how she usually acts when I pull out my camera. She also hates me giving any direction.

soooo close with #10.

I would say you need to get down lower when shooting as mentioned above. Also yes pay attention to the way the light falls on your subjects. #10 is really harsh light and unflattering shadows.

I would say you need to get down lower when shooting as mentioned above. Also yes pay attention to the way the light falls on your subjects. #10 is really harsh light and unflattering shadows.

Thanks. I will definitely attempt to stay lower. They were all moving targets and I kept chasing. By the time I would reach one they were already headed in another direction so it was hard to find the extra few seconds to kneel down haha. I know, #10 is horrible but it was the ONLY smile my daughter gave me out on that beach. I asked her to turn and she would not. I took the photo just to have it.

I do want to experiment with my flash next time. I haven't used it outside at all yet.

Check this out. 3 Tips for Shooting Portraits in Bright Sunshine - Digital Photography School

Thanks, I will check this out!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back