Cycle racing in France

Mazzarooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for dinner one night and as we returned to the car there was a cycle race in the streets, took a few shots think this was the best of the bunch!!

France2009287.jpg

Any ideas on improvements I could make.

Went for dinner one night and as we returned to the car there was a cycle race in the streets, took a few shots think this was the best of the bunch!!

France2009287.jpg

Don't use sports mode, it only gave you 1/40 ISO400, for those settings you needed to be on the inside of the corner panning, head on shots you need minimum 1/250 which you probably could not get with your equipment

France2009287.jpg

Don't use sports mode, it only gave you 1/40 ISO400, for those settings you needed to be on the inside of the corner panning, head on shots you need minimum 1/250 which you probably could not get with your equipment

Hi

I have just checked and I have ISO 100/200/400/800/1600 and 3200. Is this what you mean, sorry if I am asking a really dumb question!

yes you have to up your ISO but the Sony A200 is not very good at high ISO, use shutter priority when you want to control the shutter speed for some movement in the shot, this shot is at 1/30 using flash on second curtain, that mean it flashes as the shutter shuts and give you a dragging effect

568957543_RGmYT-M.jpg

This is 1/400

568962788_wKrMU-M.jpg

I always shoot on manual but for these shots above you could use Shutter priority for shot 1 and aperture priority for shot 2 aperture priority will always give you the highest shutter speed for a given aperture

Most reactions

Back