Cyclists of the forum - What bagd do you use?

garboui

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a question to the cyclists on the forum that like to travel with gear while cycling. Ive been using my commuter bike more and more recently, trying to save on gas. I have found that carrying my camera in my messenger bag i have now with padding and such i feel that im making to much compromise on functionality and comfort.

I much prefer a messenger style bag for comfort while riding over a backpack. Has any of you guys found a bag that works well on the bike? I am only looking to hold, body with lens, telephoto zoom, possibly a prime, and some room left for some tools and a tube, personal items (wallet food etc); bonus points if a tripod could be strappen on to take along.

I use a backpack for my kit, and my tripod attached to the side with bungee cables, though this is on a motorbike not a pushbike. I'm not sure how the weight and bulk would affect peddling.

Are you talking about a commuter or touring bike which you ride sedately? Then a panier bag for the bulkier stuff and a little front bar-mounted bag for the body and basic zoom.

Or are you on a mountain bike? (small backpack with ventilated back & chest strap, but no tripod)

Or talking about sports...high speeds, up and down trails, 50 miles in 2 hours @ 100 deg F etc (bum bag and compact camera only).

It depends...

I always pack light when cycling - small backpack with my DSLR + standard zoom and possibly a telephoto zoom. In terms of transport, I am on the cutting edge - All of the camera gear goes into a plastic carrier bag, which in turn goes into another plastic carrier bag, this is tied up and carried in my backpack. Simple, easy to access, very waterproof. This advanced approach has been honed through cycling across England in the harshest weather up north (and you know what it's like up north).

Most reactions

Back