D-40 vs. A710 IS

gender bombs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Let me start off buy saying this (as this is what is holding me back, or at least somewhat)... I have a Minolta X-700 film camera with 5 different lenses. I use this camera for photo class, and I never really take it with me when I have no assignments, mainly because it is film and I am lazy to go get it developed or develop it myself. So, I want to go digital...but I am losing my mind on trying to decide. I have done heavy research on both the Nikon D-40 and the Canon A710 IS.

For quite some time, I have always wanted a D-SLR, they take beautiful images as you all know. I REALLY want the D-40, but since I already have a film SLR, I feel it'd be a mistake. So I am leaning towards the compact A710 IS. I want a camera I can bring everywhere with me, which I know would probably be a pain with the D-40. This thread may be pretty stupid, but I'd just like opinions on what to get, because I really need help. Thank you very much.

Have you thought about the maxxum 7d or the alpha...they're also coming out with the high amateur and pro model sonys at the end of the year and you could use your lenses

Most reactions

Back