d-90 Question

Jeatley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to find out if a d-90 can save files with a count continuesly. Meaning if I take 100 images on one sd card then change out the card and the count will continue at 101? I have typed the question into google and other locations and have not found much. So I hoping someone here can help? Thanks

Actually just tried it. The file names are continuous no matter what card is inserted.

p!nK

I will look it up tomorrow when I get to my manual at my office. Thanks

Last edited:
Many people have downloaded their camera user's manual to their phone, so it's always available for quick reference.

I'm pretty sure all Nikon DSLRs have the same file numbering options.

Nikon's default numbering is to reset the file number to DSC_0001.xxx whenever a new folder is created, the card is formatted or a new card is inserted. To change it, turn File No. Sequence to Off.

better change the number sequence to OFF.

kcot

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back! Glad to see that you got it figured out in just under a year :lol:

How's your D90 working out?

Even if you set this up to count continuously, it will still roll back to 0001 once it hits 9999. A better option is to rename your files on import. I set up Transfer NX to change the name of the file from DSC_1234 to "date shot" plus trailing number - 20120610_0123.NEF. It's impossible for me to have pics with the same number now. I use tags to find them easily so this is more than enough for me and it's done automatically by Nikon Transfer - you only need to set it up once.

Just a suggestion.

Most reactions

Back