D200 and Auto WB?

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I've got a D80 and a D200. The Auto White-Balance is great on the D80, although the D200's Auto WB leaves much to be desired.

Basically I have to change the WB manually on the D200. With incandescent light i have to change it manually, if i keep it on auto the greens go blue, it's too warm.. etc..

I've updated to all the most recent firmware versions, too.

Anyone else experienced the poor Auto WB on the D200, a problem with the camera?.. it's not a great big deal as i always shoot in RAW and i can always manually adjust WB but it's a feature that saves time, leaving more time for shooting.

I've noticed the same thing on my D300 - I'm rarely happy with the results of the auto-WB, however like you, I always shoot RAW, and generally shoot a white card every few images for reference. Pretty much ever image needs its WB tweaking in post I've found.

Hmm, thanks tirediron. I must add that I've only noticed it in low(ish) light conditions so far. I guess it's good practice to start using a white card anyway!

I had a little look on Nikonians, too, and I'm finding similar posts.

Ah well, what can you do, eh?

HAHA I have found the same thing, outdoors seems to be a little blue or on the green side and I am usually looking for a more golden tone. That is where LR and RAW comes in though:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back