D200 richer more vibrant colors then 30d

As for which takes sharper clearer images... if it could be said that one clearly took sharper clearer images, then the other wouldn't really be shifting any units. ;) I expect picture quality means a lot to everyone... It depends much more on the lens... and of course on the photographer. :D

The 30D is undoubtedly getting an "upgrade" or more to the point a replacement. So is the D200. So is every other camera. Honestly, anyone looking at any system has this dilemma. I believe it would be unwise to wait unless you know that the new model is coming very soon. Why? Because you can make photographs with the 30D, which you can't do with no camera while you wait. I think you're right not to be concerned by megapixels. I also think a different dust reduction system is probably not worth a wait and a higher price... there are several dust reduction systems used by various companies and none are totally effective... I can't see Canon suddenly discovering the holy grail there. Sensible lens-changing and occasional cleaning is not that hard.

Well the thing is im not buying it until at least christmas i have a film slr and i want to ask my professor wether he would reccomend a dslr or just an slr. Im really trying to wait as long as possible because i dont really need it and if the replacement does come out even if i dont get that one the price of the 30d will drop.

If you don't mind waiting then that's very good thinking... plenty of people are still buying the 20D instead of the 30D. I expect the same to be the case for the 30D when the 40D/whatever is released.

Well if you do not need to buy until christmas I would not be surprisd given the time both of the cameras have been out if you do see something new before then.

Does anyone know if the screen on the nikon has better resolution or something? I went to the store and took some pictures with the nikon d80 and canon 30d and the nikon seemed to be more representative of the real world, the color was better (the canon's white seemed a bit yellow) and the nikon was sharper all around.

i hear the 30d is getting supposedly "due for an upgrade"

Being a Nikon fan, I've noticed Canon seems to bring out a new model what seems like several times a week. <LOL> Of course, I believe Nikon only brings out a new model when it is justified. Now, let's see if that don't get some knickers in a bunch! :)

Being a Nikon fan, I've noticed Canon seems to bring out a new model what seems like several times a week. <LOL> Of course, I believe Nikon only brings out a new model when it is justified. Now, let's see if that don't get some knickers in a bunch! :)

Nikon only brings out a new model when Sony agrees to sell them the sensors.:lol:

I suppose Nikon owners play "Sony may I" instead of "Mother may I.":lmao:

Seriously, you Nikon guys are great to have around, like a little red-headed step brother.:D

Glad to be of service, good to know we are good for something. Other than taking first in all the photo contests. lmao

Glad to be of service, good to know we are good for something. Other than taking first in all the photo contests. lmao

could we stop this silly which brand photographer is better debate? ;)

One thing to keep in mind is that ultimately, the glass is where sharpness is most gained or lost - digital usm can help alot to be sure, but you really can't beat having excellent glass in front of your sensor (or film!!!) - regardless of WHO makes the sensor. Camera bodies come and go, but your quality lenses make the image.

PS

I'm GR myself!!!! Are you at Kendall? GVSU?

What an amazing bunch of silly crap.
Any of these cameras are capable of better work than most of us can see.
Get the camera that feels good in your hands and stop this masturbating over technology.

Right on Traveler! Well said, though I will stand firm in that Canons are better at high ISO than Nikon.

though I will stand firm in that Canons are better at high ISO than Nikon.

I guess we all agree that every camera has some advantages and some disadvantages over other cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back