D200

Series 1 became just a name to be marketed, in the end. Not comparable to your earlier glass. 19-35..oh dear! Plastic Fantastic!

I just got home from a long day of work yet again with a bunch of D200's shooting school photos. The kids sit about 5 or 6 feet from me, they don't move, the AF point is set on their eyes or their lips and the AF still hunts for proper focus. How do you feel about bad AF?

What's your process? You shouldn't be having this problem at all.

Well, my D200 arrived today, just as pretty as can be.
Now, I just have to get a degree is Nuclear Physics to use it properly.

Last edited:
View attachment 21441
Well, I couldn't wait to do it right. I just had to play with my new toy. So, I went out to the wife's rose garden a couple minutes before dark and snapped a picture just to make sure something came out the other end when I pressed the shutter.
Here's one from someone who currently knows NOTHING about digital. Didn't even play with any settings so I ended up with a 30th/sec jpg. It works so now let the learning begin...

View attachment 21441
Well, I couldn't wait to do it right. I just had to play with my new toy. So, I went out to the wife's rose garden a couple minutes before dark and snapped a picture just to make sure something came out the other end when I pressed the shutter.
Here's one from someone who currently knows NOTHING about digital. Didn't even play with any settings so I ended up with a 30th/sec jpg. It works so now let the learning begin...

Wow, that actually looks pretty good for the older D200, what lens were you using to make it?

Thanks,

Nikkor AFs 18-70

Wow, that actually looks pretty good for the older D200, what lens were you using to make it?

(facepalm)
To think a D200 can't take a good snap of a flower is absolutely ludicrous.

Rick, congrats on the purchase. Digital ain't as bad as it seems ;)

Thanks a lot folks. Looking at all the bells and whistles, it appears I have a lot of learning ahead to use it properly. But at the end of the day, the fundamentals are the same as with film. It's just learning what buttons to push to get there.

You could look at the Fuji S2, version of D200 but better dinamic range it was a favourite with wedding photographers

Yeah a little too late Gary. So far my personal shutter count is 1 and I'm very happy with it's dependability :lol:

I played with this sole exposure a little. Cropped to square, unsharpened a little and touched up the white blotch of the leaf. We are now open for comments...
View attachment 21481

I like the original better. Looks a little grainy maybe too much sharpening. You think the camera is complicated, get Lightroom, your head will explode. lol I know because I just got it 6 months ago and I'm underwater lol.

Most reactions

Back