D200

I like the original better. Looks a little grainy maybe too much sharpening. You think the camera is complicated, get Lightroom, your head will explode. lol I know because I just got it 6 months ago and I'm underwater lol.

Ahhh, the good 'ol days. Aperture, shutter speed and focus. If you REALLY wanted to look like a pro, you could play with that little self timer dial
Now the back of the camera looks like the glass cockpit of an F-15

BTW, I might agree with you. The original was definitely softer which may look better with this type of photo

Yeah a little too late Gary. So far my personal shutter count is 1 and I'm very happy with it's dependability :lol:

I played with this sole exposure a little. Cropped to square, unsharpened a little and touched up the white blotch of the leaf. We are now open for comments...
View attachment 21481

This actually has me tempted to pick up one of these some time.

I have a d200. I think it's a good choice for what you were looking for. I have since upgraded to a d300, but the d200 is more than capable of taking images with amazing quality.

D200 - a set on Flickr

I have a d200. I think it's a good choice for what you were looking for. I have since upgraded to a d300, but the d200 is more than capable of taking images with amazing quality.

D200 - a set on Flickr

The prices aren't too bad either, you can get them body only for around $300. Not to mention this would open up my lens choices quite a bit.

Do you have any more photos shot with your D200?

Rick,
The Fuji S5 Pro is another option. AI will meter on those I think. Wider dynamic range with the S5; 13.5 EV versus the D200's 11.5 EV. Also slightly higher resolution and 3200 ISO (versus the D200's 1600 ISO). The D200 has slightly better colour bit-depth and marginally better noise-control. Currently listing on ebay, one in the US for about $500, higher asking prices elsewhere for the others.

Only if you are shooting portraits that is where Fuji cameras shine over Nikon Cameras.

Does the D200 have the same AF indicator system in the viewfinder as the D90?

Does the D200 have the same AF indicator system in the viewfinder as the D90?

I do not think it does, I believe it is different since the D90 is a generation newer. I will say this in regards to the D200 as much as I wanted for for several years now , I probably at this stage of the game will not buy one. I have seen several recently come up for sale on the local CL in the $250 range for the body only and if they have the battery grip for around $350 . I am currently seeing D300s cameras which many people consider to basically be a D3 light now showing up for around $500 give or take depending on accessories. Very soon I will have some money to expend on a new used camera and I will most likely purchased a gently used D300s and battery grip rather than purchasing a D200. I still think its an awesome camera and if I could get one nearly free right now I would probably take it. But I am not willing to give anyone $200 or $300 to help them finance their better camera by buying their now severely dated DSLR when I could get something a tad newer.

Well, I took the plunge and got myself at D200 for cheap on EBay, I look forward to getting it soon.

I really like mine. Until I can do more then the camera, it's good enough for me, but I think that will take some time

So after using my D200 a little bit, I feel like maybe there is a film like quality to D200 shots.... maybe that's the wrong term, but it seems work like that, I think.

Yep miss that warmer more natural results of my D200 CMOS sensor. Compared now to my cooler & colder D90 CCD results.

Yep miss that warmer more natural results of my D200 CMOS sensor. Compared now to my cooler & colder D90 CCD results.

You got in backwards, D200 = CCD and D90 = CMOS. But I know what you mean.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back