D300 upgrade from the D5100?

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an opportunity to buy a well used D300 (in a package deal with some lenses).

My D5100 is only a year old but I am starting to feel natural shooting it with its features. But I welcome an upgrade at a steal of a price!
I am just wondering if I am wasting my money in purchasing this body since its already being phased out by newer models...say the D300s or the D7100.

edit: not wasting my money, but rather save it for some newer technology. I do realize the D300 is a professional camera

The build, AF, and features out do the d5100. The IQ of the d5100 is better but how important is up to you. I like the d300 but if you have the cash- you can swing the d7100.

I think you'd be wasting your money. Not much of an upgrade in my opinion if you're ending up with worse image quality and much worse low light performance than that of the D5100. I'd say save your money an upgrade to either the D7000 or D7100 when the right deal pops up.

buy it for sure

I would buy that in a heart beat even if I didn't want some of the gear. Keep what you want, sell what you don't.

24-70 AFS + SB 800 + D300 + ANY 70-300 Nikon for $1500... definitely, buy that, and part it out, keeping of course the SB 800 and 24-70.

I have an RSS feed of my local Craigslist search for Nikon, Nikkor and some misc other things. If I see a deal too good to pass up, I am on it like white on rice!

Yeah I'd jump on that one.

Yup I agree, jump on it if it is in good shape. You never know you may end up liking the D300 more than the D5100. Everyone is different but I would take my D300 over the D5100 any day, but I'm just a crazy bird photographer :) It does say AF-S 70-300 btw so it might be the VR... I'll give you $60 for the grip if it a real one :) Just saying...

The body of the D300 is slightly worn and torn, but its been through a lot and works perfectly.

translated... "I've beat the crap out of this camera"

If the camera is "warn and torn" i wonder what shape the 24-70's in :D

...trying to convince my wife that I need this is a much different story. That's why it's easier to ask for forgiveness in lieu of permission. :meh:

...trying to convince my wife that I need this is a much different story. That's why it's easier to ask for forgiveness in lieu of permission. :meh:

Why do you need to convince your wife? I'm confused... Isn't the gear for you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back