What's new

D300s pic compared to D7000 pic

lance70

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
289
Reaction score
87
Location
St.Louis MO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a little time this evening and figured I would post a quick pic I took from two different camera bodies. I don't know if it will help anyone or not but I know several people are curious about the picture quality from the D7000 compared to the D300s. I used my tripod set up in the same location for each shot, then used my Nikon 70-200 f4 lens with the SB700 Speedlight. I went over both camera bodies and made sure I had identical settings and used ISO 200 for each picture with Jpeg fine, shot at 200mm using f4 , pics are straight out of the camera. :D

$D300S (2).webp$D7000 (2).webp
 
I assume the first is the D7000?
 
sorry first is the D300s
 
For me it would be more interesting to see results of low light/high ISO

Taking pictures at 200ISO is sure to bring impressive results but when a picture comes clean at 6400ISO is where I would say WOW.
 
I understand that, next time I will give that a shot :)
 
The D300s and the D7000 have different light metering sensors and different iTTL flash metering sensors.
What mode was the SB-700 set to?

Being consumer electronics there is some variance from camera to camera of the same model.
 
Good point..... and I had the SB-700 set to TTL mode.
 
I like it :thumbup:

What about taking flash out of the equation ?

Then go base ISO to 800 to 1600 to 3200 and 6400 ?
 
Thanks, I will plan on trying that next :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom