D5000, SB800 and cactusv4

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if TTL/TTL-BL would work off camera with my cactus.

EDIT: Damnit! :x I have the sb600, not sb800.

Y would it?
TTL/TTL-BL means that camera and flash are communicating in commands other the FIRE.

Not likely.

Lots of threads from you about TTL. Don't worry so much about TTL. Don't get me wrong, it is useful, but 6-12 months down the track you'll proboably be using Manual for OCF.

I don't know what IgssEMT is on about. :confused: To the best of my knowledge, TTL/TTL-BL will only function on hotshoe or with CLS. Pocket Wizards have come out with their Canon verion of remote firing with TTL, but not Nikon yet.

Not likely.

Lots of threads from you about TTL. Don't worry so much about TTL. Don't get me wrong, it is useful, but 6-12 months down the track you'll proboably be using Manual for OCF.

I don't know what IgssEMT is on about. :confused: To the best of my knowledge, TTL/TTL-BL will only function on hotshoe or with CLS. Pocket Wizards have come out with their Canon verion of remote firing with TTL, but not Nikon yet.

Well I need it TTL because I don't have a meter. To shoot in manual i would need a meter right?

You could do it by trial, error, and chimping.

For those of us that have been doing it a while, a hand held meter is used to fine tune our lighting ratios or just as a double check. We can get it all pretty close just based on experience and understanding how it all works together.

Ok, here's the real deal. By using the meter all the time, I can more easily justify charging clients a higher fee. ;).

Are the cactus v5 TTL pass through (hot shoe) on the transmitter like Phottix Strato?
(I put a SB-800 IN HOTSHOE and have some fill in that way)
Thank's in advance
harry

Most reactions

Back