d60 malfunctioning

::trainwreck::

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I have a Nikon D60 that I've owned for around two years now and tonight when I turned it on and tried to take a picture, the frame came out completely white. I tried again, same thing. Everything else was fine, regarding camera menu and viewfinder. I changed settings, still nothing but a white frame. Then I got another that came out an odd color purple. I don't have another lense with me atm to try, just the kit, but I think it may be the sensor. The last time I used it was for a shoot about a week ago and everything was fine up until now. I'll probably take it in to a shop tomorrow to see if they know anything, but I was wondering if anyone might know what's up with it before I do?

Thanks

So, I have a Nikon D60 that I've owned for around two years now and tonight when I turned it on and tried to take a picture, the frame came out completely white. I tried again, same thing. Everything else was fine, regarding camera menu and viewfinder. I changed settings, still nothing but a white frame. Then I got another that came out an odd color purple. I don't have another lense with me atm to try, just the kit, but I think it may be the sensor. The last time I used it was for a shoot about a week ago and everything was fine up until now. I'll probably take it in to a shop tomorrow to see if they know anything, but I was wondering if anyone might know what's up with it before I do?

Thanks

To me, it sounds like your shutter isn't working, or it's failing to drive the shutter. But I really have no idea. So don't take my word for it. I'm sure someone here knows, and this is probably worth a bump since for whatever reason you posted it at like 1:00am.

If the shutter wasn't working the frame would be black, since the image sensor would never be exposed to any light.

I believe your D60 has an electronic fault and will need to go to the repair shop to determine if that fault is on the image sensor, the amplifier, or the ADC (analog to digital converter).

Here is a list of Nikon authorized repair shops Nikon Authorized Repair List

KEH.com also does repairs, and are located in Atlanta.

Picked up my camera today, took a frame, and now it's working again. For now atleast. Oy Veh. I just hope it doesn't start happening again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back