D600 at ISO 6000, yes 6000!

You were at ISO 6400, not 6000.
fiufiu.gif

The second one is at ISO 4000.

tomato potato! you can't rain on my iso parade.

Not seeding the clouds with silver iodide prior to your sensor street procession, sweetie. Just pointing out a minor technical error.

What is the advantage of high ISOs again? I'm considering a D600 but I'm really more interested in the full frame feature vs a crop camera. So not sure about high ISOs.

Here is a High ISO shot from my D7100 (sorry I was too lazy to stand up for a better angle and only shot with a small lamp in the back ground...all blinds are closed, so very low lighting conditions).

Shot in Jpeg and uploaded directly to photobucket with zero editing.

ISO 6400
S/60
F2.8

What is the advantage of high ISOs again? ...

No flash or other auxilliary light needed.

Ability to get the aperture or shutter speed desired.

For instance:

D6C_3011_800x533.jpg

ISO 800. You'd never get the ball stopped shooting at ISO 100.

Last edited:
So if I would like more shutter time in low lighting conditions, I can increase my ISO to help?

Well, technically, if you want less shutter time. IE., you want a 'faster' shutter speed.

On the down-side, a higher ISO will create more noise in the image.

So if I would like more shutter time in low lighting conditions, I can increase my ISO to help?

Well, technically, if you want less shutter time. IE., you want a 'faster' shutter speed.

Ya, I've been trying to shoot everything around ISO 200 to help reduce noise...unless shooting moving subjects.

Yeah, I was testing and needed my SS up to at least 160 (which is the SS on that first shot of my son).. I'm shooting a homecoming for a friend soon and its likely going to be in the airport at night and the ceilings are too high to bounce flash and the lighting conditions I believe are about equivalent of my living room if I remember correctly.. lol dimly lit. I don't mind a lil grain as long as I can keep the subjects blur free and chances are I can do some noise reduction in post if that's as bad as I'll be working with to tone it some even.

Even with ISO 6400, this is very impression, my T3i looks crap at that hi ISO.

I Leave my ISO auto it goes where it goes.I shoot raw any ways so If I have to de-noise and sharpen latter so be it.If I was looking for poster prints then i would rethink my ISO.

What is the advantage of high ISOs again? I'm considering a D600 but I'm really more interested in the full frame feature vs a crop camera. So not sure about high ISOs.

Here is a High ISO shot from my D7100 (sorry I was too lazy to stand up for a better angle and only shot with a small lamp in the back ground...all blinds are closed, so very low lighting conditions).

ISO 6400
S/60
F2.8

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/SVORay/media/D71_2013_zps75d464f8.jpg.html

So you can take crap photos in crap light pretty pointless

Yeah, I was testing and needed my SS up to at least 160 (which is the SS on that first shot of my son).. I'm shooting a homecoming for a friend soon and its likely going to be in the airport at night and the ceilings are too high to bounce flash and the lighting conditions I believe are about equivalent of my living room if I remember correctly.. lol dimly lit. I don't mind a lil grain as long as I can keep the subjects blur free and chances are I can do some noise reduction in post if that's as bad as I'll be working with to tone it some even.

You get grain shooting film

ISO 6400
S/60
F2.8

So you can take crap photos in crap light pretty pointless

Unless you're a photojounalist. Then it's pretty important.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back