D600 or D7000?

What lenses do you have? Dx won't be optimal for use on full frame. So taking advantage of full frame will require a commitment to better Fx glass to justify it in my eyes.

Personally I believe if you can't define exactly why you need full frame.
Then you are probably not needing or ready for it yet.

I started with a D40 and upgraded to my present D90 that has served me well for last 3 years.
For you would recommend going the D7000 route for a couple of more years.

If one needs to ask the question of others, I think DX seems like a sound choice for a while. The D7000 is a pretty nice DX camera, with a solid sensor, and a reasonable $999 (USA) price point.

I take landscapes and wildlife, i have an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 which came with the D40X and 55-200 f/4-5.6 that i use for wildlife. I will buy a new macro lens soon. If i buy FX i will have to buy new lenses but on the d7000 @ 24mm is not wide enough for landscape :( but the DX format will be helpful in wildlife as a 200mm lens would be 300mm and so on. If i buy the D7000 with the Extra 14mm wide-angle lens. Does Nikon have a 14mm prime??? as the 14-24 f/2.8 is $2000! i just dont know to to get it wide enough on the d7000

What lenses do you have? Dx won't be optimal for use on full frame. So taking advantage of full frame will require a commitment to better Fx glass to justify it in my eyes.

Personally I believe if you can't define exactly why you need full frame.
Then you are probably not needing or ready for it yet.

I started with a D40 and upgraded to my present D90 that has served me well for last 3 years.
For you would recommend going the D7000 route for a couple of more years.

The only reason i would buy the d600 is due to its low light capability and its built-in time lapse function.

I take landscapes and wildlife,

[
The only reason i would buy the d600 is due to its low light capability and its built-in time lapse function.

Well, unless you're shooting landscapes at night, and nocturnal animals, why do you need low light capabilities?

If you have to ask, get the d7000

I take landscapes and wildlife,

[

Well, unless you're shooting landscapes at night, and nocturnal animals, why do you need low light capabilities?

Both cameras have an iso range of 100-6400, h1 and h2. Will the D7000 be similar to the D600? With my D40x i cant shoot over ISO 400 :(. If i do i'll have to use noise reduction softwares that bring down detail. Since the D7000 is also DX will noise be same as the D40x?

timarp000 said:
Since the D7000 is also DX will noise be same as the D40x?

Uh, not even remotely close. Get on Flickr and look at samples from the D7000... Or any of the hundreds of sites that rate and review cameras...

I take landscapes and wildlife, i have an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 which came with the D40X and 55-200 f/4-5.6 that i use for wildlife. I will buy a new macro lens soon. If i buy FX i will have to buy new lenses but on the d7000 @ 24mm is not wide enough for landscape :( but the DX format will be helpful in wildlife as a 200mm lens would be 300mm and so on. If i buy the D7000 with the Extra 14mm wide-angle lens. Does Nikon have a 14mm prime??? as the 14-24 f/2.8 is $2000! i just dont know to to get it wide enough on the d7000

Tamron 11-18 often found for $300.
Sigma 10-20 not much more than that.

The D7000 is a good camera to get. I rather keep my D7k and spent the extra money on good glass. If you go full frame you will already have good glass vs getting the D600 and having no money for it. The D7K is still a top on the line DX camera so it still have life left.

I'll go with the D7000 and spend money on good lenses! Thanks.

Most reactions

Back