D610 settings when shooting Raw...

Submariner1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When shooting my D610 for landscapes in RAW, do you recommend I leave all other camera settings at factory settings since I'll use LR for post processing? Or are there other recommendations for settings? Just wondering...

It doesn't matter. Lightroom will ignore any in camera settings pretty much.

If you were using nikons own raw converter you could think about settings such as pictures styles and that but even then you could zero them afterwards

It's not that it will ignore other settings, there's no settings to ignore.

using tapatalk.

It's not that it will ignore other settings, there's no settings to ignore.

using tapatalk.

True to a point, but if you use nikons raw converter it will remember picture styles with contrasts, sharpness etc, light optimisers and I think where you have your noise reduction set, and open the raw file with these settings applied. You can of course zero them then

Oh I didn't know that. Never used that app. I have my own lr import settings for my d610 and a6000.

using tapatalk.

Oh I didn't know that. Never used that app. I have my own lr import settings for my d610 and a6000.

using tapatalk.

You are probably better off. The nikon converter is very limited in comparison to LR, it is however an overlooked option for people who buy a camera and can't afford software and many don't realise that most cameras come with some kind of raw converter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back