D70 flash compatibility?

TopPop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, before I ask my question I should note that I often do things which make sense to me before reading directions. :er: Case in point:
I've been using a Sunpak auto 433 D flash for my D70 without any problems whatsoever. I originally used the flash with my Pentax K-1000, and wanted to try it with the D70. It actually worked! ... and has served me well, until...
I'm trying to find a flash bracket to use on vertical shots with the D70, and tried to find some info in the manual concerning types of sync cords. It says in the manual that I SHOULD NOT be using a non-Nikon flash with my camera :shock:, because a misvoltage could mess up sync-ing capabilities with the flash and/or the camera (or possibly worse scenarios).
So, my first question is whether or not I should continue using a flash unit which has worked for me, or save up for another one. Second question: if I need to get another one, what is the advantage of buying (read: selling a kidney in order to buy) an SB-600 or SB-800 over other Nikon flashes.
Thanks for taking the time to read all of this drivel, and any help would be much appreciated! :D
Cheers,
Chris

One more thing...
I searched online for some information about this particular flash, and a store that I found says that this flash is designed specifically for Nikon TTL. However, there is a sticker on the back of the flash that says "Dedicated For Pentax Cameras"
Hope this helps... or maybe I'm just more confused now...
Cheers,
Chris

Scratch that...
They made several versions of the 433D, one for each camera type... this one is for PENTAX; I was reading a page for the NIKON dedicated flash... duh...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back