elrafo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
el-rafo.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello there,

I have a stuck pixel (blue) on normal speed shooting over 400 iso, seen in dark tones particularly...

in your opinion, is it normal for this full frame camera? do I just have to clean manually the sensor or do I have to send it to nikon??

thanks!!

Raph

Stuck pixels aren't something you can fix yourself on a camera. You need to send it to Nikon. It should be less than a year old so should be covered under warranty...

Stuck pixels seem to come and go in my experience. My D40x has a couple which appear from time to time and then seem to go away - esp ISO 400 and over.

Haven't seen any on my D90 yet, and I'm not going to return the camera when I do find one or two (They're there, I know they are, I just haven't found them yet). Also getting rid of them is the easiest PP job you'll ever do.

I consider knowing where they are on my D40x to be an advantage because I can go straight to them in PP and get rid of them.

Having said that, my cameras are not "professional" level, and I must say that If I'd shelled out a ton of money on a D700 and found a stuck pixel I'd be a bit miffed, but I doubt I'd return the camera just for one pixel. Plus, even if you send it in and Nikon change the sensor, or map the bad pixel out, you may find that another stuck pixel develops in another location.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back