D7000 Delivery Date

RalphP13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had any new or up-to-date information on the expected release date for the Nikon D7000 in the US market. All I can find is vague references to mid-late October 2010. A few more pessimistic estimates go as late as December and even 2011 (although I can't imagine Nikon would want to miss the holiday season with a new release).

Also, does anybody anticipate any problems with buying from the "first batch"? With the exception of paying a little extra to be the first one on the block to own it, do new release cameras from Nikon experience many bugs?

Thanks in advance, Ralph

I read somewhere that Best Buy gives an expected ship date of Oct 17-22 upon checkout of the pre-order. I pre-ordered mine about a week ago. Most, if any, 'problems' with the first batch will be addressed with a simple firmware update. In my research, I rarely found any problems they've had that were hardware related and needed to be recalled or serviced. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I agree with mjhoward. I also pre-ordered mine last week.

Thanks for the responses. It's good to know any issues shouldn't be major.

The week of October 17-22 goes along with the mid-to-late October estimates. I wonder if Best Buy knows something or are just posting their best guess based on the information that everybody has.

Thanks again, Ralph

Word is it will be on the streets "not soon enough". People are really,really Jonesin' for the D7000 to get here...

Word is it will be on the streets "not soon enough". People are really,really Jonesin' for the D7000 to get here...

So true. I have a feeling this will go right from "pre-ordered" to "backordered" for some, if not many.

Ralph

Most reactions

New Topics

Back