What's new

D7000 hot pixel appeared from hell, after the FW update!

sneak3

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Hello guys!
I bought my D7000 a month ago. Had no hot pixel when taking pictures nor when shooting movies. I stored it for a couple days, taking very few pictures casually. Then I guess it was stored for more 1 week and after that, as soons as I started to explore it for real, I saw and count 4 hot pixels, movie and picture mode. They were definitevely NOT there, cause I checked it extensively in the store before buying it.
Well, I decided to make the firmware update that was released by Nikon, since it was supposed to resolve the issue. I did it perfectly, no errors, the firmware version displayed was 1.01. The pixels were gone, I thought,
I, again, left the camera untouched for 2 days, and now, when I was about to take a shot in an average low light area, autoISO, I big green pixel was there, clearly visible. It can be seen even when there was light and catches all the attention when in a dark environment.
I did the update again, used the "clear sensor feature" several times, but nothing happened.
The pixel is visible when taking pictures with live view, but not after, when I review them. The pixel is visible when shooting movies and is also visible when reviewing them!
What am I supposed to do now? How could a pixel show up from nowhere? The firmware did the opposite of what it was meant to do! There is no other explanation.
Does it happened cause the sensor heated up due to the few times I've used the camera?
Is there any thing I can do to fix it myself, as I took it overseas and sending it back to nikon US is definetively out of the question?
 
Could you post some sample stills just so we can get an idea; this definitely sounds like an oddball issue.
 
Send it to Nikon. Clearly still under warranty.
 
I took it overseas and sending it back to nikon US is out of the question, dont trust the mail system that much.

As I said, the still images dont show the pixel. It only appears in the screen.
That's one side of the history.

When shooting movies it appears on the screen, but also in the SD file and when I transfer it to the pc and play it.

It is wierd that a firmware update would bring that hot pixel up..or maybe it is just a coincidence that I updated and simultaneously, the sensor got screwed up but an unkown reason.

Anyway, just wanted to know if there was a trick or a set of moves I could do to fix it myself, or try at least.
 
As I said, the still images dont show the pixel. It only appears in the screen.
Then it's an LCD issue, not an image sensor issue.

That it's not on the final images/movie frames is what counts.

Since you are not in the US, contact Nikon and find out if you can send the camera to which ever Nikon repair center is closest to you, instead of sending it back to the US.
 
As I said, the still images dont show the pixel. It only appears in the screen.
Then it's an LCD issue, not an image sensor issue.

That it's not on the final images/movie frames is what counts.

Since you are not in the US, contact Nikon and find out if you can send the camera to which ever Nikon repair center is closest to you, instead of sending it back to the US.


It appear in the final movies but not in the final pics..

Moreover, there was nothing I did wrong with it for the LCD to be messed up.
 
this remembers me that i have to check mine if i have this issue.
 
As I said, the still images dont show the pixel. It only appears in the screen.
Then it's an LCD issue, not an image sensor issue.

That it's not on the final images/movie frames is what counts.

Since you are not in the US, contact Nikon and find out if you can send the camera to which ever Nikon repair center is closest to you, instead of sending it back to the US.


It appear in the final movies but not in the final pics..

Moreover, there was nothing I did wrong with it for the LCD to be messed up.
Your written communication skills are so poor, it's difficult to understand what it is you are seeing, :scratch: but I tried.
 
Then it's an LCD issue, not an image sensor issue.

That it's not on the final images/movie frames is what counts.

Since you are not in the US, contact Nikon and find out if you can send the camera to which ever Nikon repair center is closest to you, instead of sending it back to the US.


It appear in the final movies but not in the final pics..

Moreover, there was nothing I did wrong with it for the LCD to be messed up.
Your written communication skills are so poor, it's difficult to understand what it is you are seeing, :scratch: but I tried.


Sorry dude, I've posted the same question with the same explanation in other forums around the web and no one complained...

I'm just not familiar with the names used to describe the actions/situations involved when using the camera.

Anyways..guess there's nothing to do about it. The FW messed the sensor up. Found another case exactly like mine.

Nikon should release a new fw, not ask everyone to send them their cameras..
 
??? Errr Nikon did release a new firmware and didn't ask people to send in their cameras. What you're reporting seems to be isolated rather than a wide spread problem.

CALL NIKON SUPPORT, THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.
 
??? Errr Nikon did release a new firmware and didn't ask people to send in their cameras. What you're reporting seems to be isolated rather than a wide spread problem.

CALL NIKON SUPPORT, THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.

There are many reports that are similar to my case. If not the same, is about the released firmware not fixing a single hot pixel..
 
But few about creating a hot pixel from what I can see.
 
Just wondering, do Nikon has something like world wide warranty for camera body?

Seems like they have world wide warranty for lens, but not sure about camera body. But it worth to give them a call.
 
Hmm thats a bit odd, so the firmware actually bugged your camera? This is the first I have ever heard of this. Have you tried maybe to reinstall the new firmware? to see if it corrected the problem? If that doesn't work, you NEED to call Nikon support.
 
hahaa. trolling?

he obviously doesn't want to send his camera to nikon. it's prob a canon fanboy that is going around talking crap about nikon >.>
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom