d7000 issues or thoughts....

kenwood72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a little over a year ago i sold my canon and the f4 l zoom i was using to buy a d7000. i was never really happy with the d7000 as I felt things were many times not in focus or as clear as the pictures i took with my canon. I am an amatuer so I always chalked it up the the difference in the lens becasue the nikon i wast using 70-300 compared to an L with canon. recently I purchased the nikon f2.8 70-200 vr2 so now I feel I am apples to apples. I still at times seem to see things in focus through the viewfinder that are coming through out of focus. I never hear of back focusing before but now it seems it is all I can read about on the d7000 and of course I am just out of m warranty...

so can anyone give me an idea of how I can test this at home and or how I can determine if it is user error? If I go to the local photo shop could they tell? I dont want to jump on the bandwagon as with the internet things get blown out of proportion and I do wonder if a lot of amatuers like me who bought d7000 want to just chalk up their errors to backfocusing. I also understand the tolerances with lenses and cameras and would hope i can adjust it with the micro adjustments.

thanks for all of your help and know that I have done a search and read a lot of varying views this topic so I was hoping others would chime in with their experience.

Is the camera's eyepiece diopter adjustment set properly for your eyesight??? THAT can often be *the* issue for many people. As far as how to best use the autofocus in a modern camera...these modern cameras have a lot of features, and I think that many times people just do not have enough learning and understanding of EXACTLY HOW to use the gear...and I mean this is all seriousness...these danged cameras today are soooooo sophisticated, and have sooooooo many settings and modes that if one, or two settings are not optimized right, the camera will not perform the way the user expects it to.

Here is a review that you oughtta be able to wade through in one hour. Maybe find a tip or two in there: Nikon D7000 Review by Thom Hogan

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LEARN HOW to use the D7000 to its FULL potential, here is the 800-page, Plain English e-book you need to buy:Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000

Is the camera's eyepiece diopter adjustment set properly for your eyesight??? THAT can often be *the* issue for many people. As far as how to best use the autofocus in a modern camera...these modern cameras have a lot of features, and I think that many times people just do not have enough learning and understanding of EXACTLY HOW to use the gear...and I mean this is all seriousness...these danged cameras today are soooooo sophisticated, and have sooooooo many settings and modes that if one, or two settings are not optimized right, the camera will not perform the way the user expects it to.

Here is a review that you oughtta be able to wade through in one hour. Maybe find a tip or two in there: Nikon D7000 Review by Thom Hogan

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LEARN HOW to use the D7000 to its FULL potential, here is the 800-page, Plain English e-book you need to buy:Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000

that puts it all into perspective:mrgreen: 800 pages holy mackerel!!

Yeah...800 pages...just some light reading before bedtime each night for...the next YEAR!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back