D7000 to ???

Start with a definition of "history." Repair of ailing D600s was seldom a one shot affair. Eventual shutter replacements only came after time-wasting multiple cleanings by Nikon. History...

Last edited:
events over time.

"trail of recalls" suggests multiple recalls over a period of time.
"warranty fixes" suggests multiple fixes of various recalls.

this is factually incorrect. They were cleaning sensors for free after the first service advisory. And then offer free shutter replacements and D610 replacements after the second once the D600 was disconnected from horrible press of the way they handled the issue. So (2) warranty services for (1) single issue.

The D750, today, is plagued with more issues than the D600 ever was. Despite the flawed shutter system, it's an otherwise "flawless" camera. We have more and more happy D600 owners here buying up these flawed cameras for pennies despite your warnings.

Hey, it's been a while since you posted one of your click-bait articles...

Look into the D7200: probably the mostest for the leastest currently. The slight advantages of Nikon prosumer FX models is offset by sizeable price differences relative to the D7200. There's also the likelihood of some holiday discounts just down the road.
Actually you can usually find a d600 for about the same price as a d7200 and the low light capabilities are well worth it. A used d610 would be a little more but not a huge budget stretch by any means.

If the d500 is in your budget range as others have mentioned it would be an excellent choice.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Agreed on the D600. Got mine for chump change. Already got the free repair. All is well.

Discontinued, flawed model with a trail of recalls and warranty fixes...No thanks.
Well if you'd done any research at all you'd realize that Nikon has offered to repair any faulty shutter mechanism and has stood by that promise. I've shot a d600 for quite a while now, and it's a remarkable camera.

It's been reliable and solid since the day I got it. As for being discontinued, so what. Not all of us have the budget or the need to upgrade every time a newer camera hits the market.

My d600 still does everything I need it to do and more.

Look into the D7200: probably the mostest for the leastest currently. The slight advantages of Nikon prosumer FX models is offset by sizeable price differences relative to the D7200. There's also the likelihood of some holiday discounts just down the road.
Actually you can usually find a d600 for about the same price as a d7200 and the low light capabilities are well worth it. A used d610 would be a little more but not a huge budget stretch by any means.

If the d500 is in your budget range as others have mentioned it would be an excellent choice.

Agreed on the D600. Got mine for chump change. Already got the free repair. All is well.

Discontinued, flawed model with a trail of recalls and warranty fixes...No thanks.

That's funny. Not true. It had one main issue, and Nikon corrected it. In fact, I took advantage of the situation and bought one at a very low cost. Sent it to Nikon for the shutter replacement, and two weeks later, life is great. I love my D600. Hell of a deal.

events over time.

this is factually incorrect. They were cleaning sensors for free after the first service advisory. And then offer free shutter replacements and D610 replacements after the second once the D600 was disconnected from horrible press of the way they handled the issue. So (2) warranty services for (1) single issue.

The D750, today, is plagued with more issues than the D600 ever was. Despite the flawed shutter system, it's an otherwise "flawless" camera. We have more and more happy D600 owners here buying up these flawed cameras for pennies despite your warnings.

That's a typically glib take on the very different experience early D600 owners suffered through with cameras that were often out of service repeatedly for weeks on end in transit to and from Nikon.ca. Friends had Nikon.ca swab out their D600s more than twice. The "clean/spatter/clean" routine did prompt many to dump their D600s. Shutters only got replaced late in the catastrophe after Nikon finally grasped the scale of the problem and responded belatedly to customer ire. Seems you walked in late on the movie.

events over time.

That's a typically glib take on the very different experience early D600 owners suffered through with cameras that were often out of service repeatedly for weeks on end in transit to and from Nikon.ca. Friends had Nikon.ca swab out their D600s more than twice. The "clean/spatter/clean" routine did prompt many to dump their D600s. Shutters only got replaced late in the catastrophe after Nikon finally grasped the scale of the problem and responded belatedly to customer ire. Seems you walked in late on the movie.

I adore movies with a happy ending.
Everything you mentioned above is why I grabbed a D600 (late in the movie) for peanuts.

events over time.

Everything you mentioned above is why I grabbed a D600 (late in the movie) for peanuts.
you got peanuts with your d600?

events over time.

you got peanuts with your d600?

Yes. They were ground up and smeared all over the darn sensor. Ha!

And 7DmII users are still experiencing focusing issues... Nikon dropped the ball and it hurt them -- they've since significantly improved how they handle issues; if anything at least they take patterned complaints a bit more seriously.

And 7DmII users are still experiencing focusing issues... Nikon dropped the ball and it hurt them -- they've since significantly improved how they handle issues; if anything at least they take patterned complaints a bit more seriously.
You are not kidding about the 7dm2.. yikes. In my decision to come back to Nikon, more than once I said to myself at least Nikon admits when the cameras have problems and fixes them. Canon is just in denial and even if CPS is great to work with, they do not know how to fix the 7dm2. If Canon could have actually gotten me a 7dm2 that tracked halfway decent and produced consistently sharp images I would have stayed with them.

And yes the D600 is a terrific image producer as long as you don't need the speed and AF like I need. Almost thinking about buying another one to play with on the 150-600 G2.. Undecided still...

And yes the D600 is a terrific image producer as long as you don't need the speed and AF like I need. Almost thinking about buying another one to play with on the 150-600 G2.. Undecided still...
If you do send me a PM. I'm contemplating selling my d600 to fund a d500. Which will go nicely with my d750. Both used on my 150-600 that I bought from a famous birder ...

I went from the D7000 to the D610, it was the best move I ever did.

But you have to ask yourself one question, is full frame right for me? Or is crop good enough?

The decision was easy for me because I shoot a lot in low light, that's when full frame really shines.

the amount of recovery this thing has in shadows and even bright light, is insane. Can really save otherwise ruined shots.

Most reactions

Back