D7100 neck strap

SuperMiguel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So ill be going to the niagra falls this weeken and was wondering if i should upgrade my stock neck strap for another one? ill be carrying the camera for a long time :) i do have a small camera bookbag but pain to take it out and in all the time

So ill be going to the niagra falls this weeken and was wondering if i should upgrade my stock neck strap for another one? ill be carrying the camera for a long time :) i do have a small camera bookbag but pain to take it out and in all the time

I've gotta go with Ron on this one - I've found for carrying my camera especially with the 70-300 mm lens attached a shoulder strap is a lot more comfortable and convenient than a neck strap.

The straps Nikon provide work much better as a shoulder strap than as a neck strap.
The Nikon strap works best if your neck is not inside the strap, but that means it is possible to drop the camera.
However, note that the underside of the Nikon strap has material that clings to clothing very well adding a measure of security to not having your head/neck inside the strap.
You should also note that carrying a camera slung just over a shoulder does make it a easier for some one to snatch it.

But I second the Black Rapid sling type shoulder straps having used them for several years now.

which one do you recommend ? like which model? and are they all compatible with the d7100?

which one do you recommend ? like which model? and are they all compatible with the d7100?

They all attach to the tripod mount underneath the camera so yup, they are all compatible. I like the RS-2 sport model myself, it has a strap that actually goes under your shoulder and it keeps everything in place quite nicely.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Op/Tech for smaller lenses, Black Rapid RS-7 when I'm carrying my 150-500.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back