d7200 vs d700 compare but cant made up my mind..

after seeing this... this is what i wanna get the d700

Attachments

• 26583171386_4503197d16_c.jpg
    26583171386_4503197d16_c.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 505
this is my sister that my friend shot on his d700 ...this is why i wanna shoot the d700
25836474473_c7d077500e_n.jpg

can someone check and see if he shoot in jpeg or RAW

If you weren't so set on getting a new camera, I would say stick with the D5200 and start learning a lot more. Every single one of those shots can be done on the D5200 just as easily as on the D700. The D700 doesn't "create" the photo you see. That's new photographer mistake #1: They see a photo they like, and they assume that makes the specific camera good. That is absolutely, 100% not the case.

*DO NOT* purchase a camera based on photographs that impress you. That would be like

Whether he shot in JPeg or RAW is somewhat irrelevant as well, given the context and open-ended nature of your question. Shooting in JPeg will reduce how much editing you need to do, but it will also significantly reduce the amount of editing that you can do. Shooting in RAW will always be the superior option. Regardless, I assume you're looking to capture photographs that look like what you see, and so you're trying to copy the camera, and the settings... and it's not that simple.

Based on everything I have read in this thread, I think the D700 would be an absolute mistake for you to purchase. The D610 will have much better resale value... that's going to be an important factor. The D610 will also perform better. I say go for the D610, since I figure if you get the D7200 you'll want to upgrade to FX after that. The quick assumption often is "Well, I didn't get the better FX camera, so that's why my images just don't have that oomph". That would be an incorrect assumption for most photographers.

I'd take the D500 over the 610, 700, 7200 or even the 810D.
Expeed 5 image processor.

I'm not really sure how this helps or applies to the OP?

There's many Pros here that have shot with the D700 and can give input into them. They'll also probably tell you that the newer Nikon FF/FX cameras offer much more Dynamic Range, etc as mentioned above. There's many threads in the past about these two cameras.

I also shot with a D700 while trying to compare the d700/d6x0/d800. I loved it. I also did not do video. But looking at all the updated technology (processing chips, etc) in the D6x0 camera I ended up opting for the d6x0 camera. It's only a little smaller but nothing like the d5x00 which is very small by comparison.

Keep in mind. If you took a shot with the d700 and d6x0 side by side at the same time, with the respective similar settings the d6x0 will have better dynamic range and improved color from all the newer electronics. (can't be exact, as an example the d700 only goes down to ISO 200 where as the D6x0 down to 100 and 50).

The camera is the tool. The model's body position/ expression/ etc, lighting, etc is learned technique, skill, experience and knowing how to use the camera, lighting and setting up the scene.

Myself, after fussing so much I opted for the d600. But, you seem set on the d700 as your friend and his mentor has.
This may be a case where I might recommend the d700 only because if that d700 support group you'll have as the d600 has a different button layup and many more features in the menus.

thank good guy... for replied.. no.i dont do video.....i hate doing it..dont know why..i have a buddy that doing vidro only and hate videos..and usually when my crew want to shoot they usually clal me and if making video they call my friends.. so video doesnt care for me....

and how small is the d610 .. but it also a full frame pro camera... dont know why nikon make it small for
D610 is small ?
Its about same size as the D750 and D7200/D7100

I believe you are confusing skills and camera performance.
Camera+lens+other accessories and a potential nothing more!
The photographer is the one that brings the picture to life, the shot of the girl on ledge is lovely but the credit here goes to the one who shot it and not the camera, I promis you let your buddy use the D5200 and the results will look same!

Thats your opinion and yours alone!
D500 is a wonderful camera, best DX in the world but its a spots camera, you are paying a whole lot of money to many features that many will not need if they dont do heavy sports/wild life photography.
I rather get a D7200 with good glass then D500 with crap glass and in the money difference between these 2 great cameras you can get a lot of good glass.
Also comparing the D810 to the D500 is a bad joke, these are 2 whole different beasts, studio/ landscape camera vs sports camera is like comparing a Ferrari with a Mercedes S550
And BTW I would take the D810 over the D500 in a frick'n heart beat but that's my opinion.

Here's a few RAW d610 files when i was comparing my 85mm to my 70-200:

Dropbox - Tests
Just wondering which lens did you like better ?

I got my new Nikon 85mm 1.8G a little over a month ago for portrait work, until then I used my Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 for portrait but the sheer size and weight make long sessions of portrait a pain for me.
Anyways I was super impressed with my 85mm obviously its smaller and lighter but optically I found it to be even sharper then the already excellent Tamron.
I LOVE both lenses but for portrait work I will only use my 85mm from now on :)

Both are great, but the 85mm has a bit smoother transitions and blurred BGs. Obviously it's smaller and lighter and easier to wield.

But my 70-200 is still the go-to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back