D850 leaked press release. Actual event late tomorrow night US.

It looks to me like the D850 is trying to be good at everything, portrait, wildlife/sports, landscape, street photography and even video.
I am intrigued, if the price will indeed be around 3600$ and not more this just might be a HUGE seller, I might even consider getting it.
If it will be in the 4K$ then this just might be too much.
I think with the right reasonable price this just might be gold for Nikon........assuming they will not have any quality control problems.
It's all about demand for top-shelf DSLRs now and that's a problem that won't go away. Can't see any brand selling cameras with these specs at this price point in huge numbers now.
The D850 is officially selling for 3300$ USD, at this price I have a feeling it will be a big hit directed at both the pro and serious enthusiast market share, I think it offers enough to make people streach their pockets to get it, I also think looking at Canon there is a chance its going to steal some 5DIV users who want FF 4K sensor and not go mirrorless.

I personally think the camera might be a bit over-spec'd and over-priced to sell in large numbers...I recently decided between 24-MP FX and 36-MP FX...and went with the 24...even though people say ,"Hard drive storage is cheap," I still quite often shoot 700-frame days, and I don't really want my downoads and transfers and backups and uploads to take an overly long time.

As cgw wrote, "It's all about demand for top-shelf DSLRs now and that's a problem that won't go away. Can't see any brand selling cameras with these specs at this price point in huge numbers now."

YUP! Wayyyy too many good, clean, used high-end DSLR's on the used market already, which hurts new camera sales numbers.This will liklely not be a huge numbers type of seller. And 36-MP up to 45.7-MP? NOT going to be that big of a difference in resolution; in fact, I wonder about being diffraction limited even earlier on the f/stop scale. I like to shoot at f/7.1 or f/8 most of the time; with more, smaller pixels crowding the sensor, will 48.7 deliver much, if any?,more detail than 36 million pixels does at such a physically narrow aperture opening?

I dunno. YES, the camera has fantastic specifications and will be very capable it seems, and nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back