D850 leaked press release. Actual event late tomorrow night US.

Newest rumors are saying 3300$ USD, if true I think I will have very hard time convincing myself not to get it LOL

I'll have no problem not getting one once the wife sees the price

But I might pick up one of those cheap D800s that people throw out...

Officially announced, $3,295 US pricing. These things are gonna fly off the shelves with these features at that price!

Drool... Who wants to buy my D750 and backup D500 or a Sigma 18-35 f1.8 so I can order a D850? :1219::1219::1219::bouncingsmileys:

Last edited:
I miiiiiiiight pick one up sometime next year.
My D810 only has like 70,000 shutter count.
I really want the better lowlight and the WIFI feature.

Going to be an awesome camera! I'm excited for Nikon! I'll get one, eventually, but only after obtaining a D810 for years, down the road. My D800 only has 36K shutter count!

I think after Nikons recent restructuring, they seem to be on a good trajectory. If the D850 is as good as the specs lead me to believe it will be, they definitely weren't blowing smoke when they said their new focus will be on the higher end spectrum of cameras and lenses moving forward.

Were people expecting this not to just be spec'd like a d5 or d500 in the a D810 body/feature-set?

Maybe try re-writing that question...

It's an 800-class body, and it's now 2017...

The annoying thing about the release of the D850 is now on a bunch of websites all I see are ads for the D850 !!

Last edited:
Were people expecting this not to just be spec'd like a d5 or d500 in the a D810 body/feature-set?

Maybe try re-writing that question...

It's an 800-class body, and it's now 2017...

I was just suggesting that I always assumed Nikon was going to release a D800 series camera with similar hardware specs to the D5 and D500. the AF module, exspeed, etc.

It looks to me like the D850 is trying to be good at everything, portrait, wildlife/sports, landscape, street photography and even video.
I am intrigued, if the price will indeed be around 3600$ and not more this just might be a HUGE seller, I might even consider getting it.
If it will be in the 4K$ then this just might be too much.
I think with the right reasonable price this just might be gold for Nikon........assuming they will not have any quality control problems.
It's all about demand for top-shelf DSLRs now and that's a problem that won't go away. Can't see any brand selling cameras with these specs at this price point in huge numbers now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back