D90 or EOS500D

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by sabusali, Apr 28, 2009.

1. sabusali

sabusali TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Today is Friday and we have holiday in the country. my God, i just cant find a single piece of D90 in almost 8 shops i went. They are saying the cam is out of stock for the past 2 weeks and no one knows why??????
    may be a price drop???? or a new model launch????????
    I'll just wait and see...........
    Also i am planning to get a SB-600 which i believe will be enough for me to take indoor photos of my family at home and inside shopping malls in the U.A.E

2. jdwyer

jdwyer TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    when I went to get my d90 they only had the display unit in stock. I wound up getting it and it took them another 2 weeks to get another camera back. seems recently everything is out of stock and could take a while to get.

Totally unrelated, but I can't wait to see your pictures from Abu Dhabi. Looks gorgeous over there. make sure to post a few pictures from dubai too!

3. sabusali

sabusali TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So thats it. the shortage is not for UAE alone. Hmm, the world is suffering from the Global Recession and a branded product is not available in the market for a consumer!!!!!!!
    sure, i'll post the photos from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. someone please comment on the SB-600.

4. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Alot of manufactured products are in short supply. I think the companies underestimated the demand for products. Other than say maybe cars, other products are still in demand. But because they cut back on production. Now there is a shortage of popular products.

The SB-600 will work great with the D90. Has tilt, swivel, zooming head like the bigger more expensive units. It just doesn't quite have the same power output. But its a great flash for your needs it sounds.

5. sabusali

sabusali TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I found a couple of places (from my friends) who have some piece of D90. Shall i go ahead and get it?????????
    my worry is that , will there be any drop in price when the stocks come????
    definitely they will not discontinue this one, so why the shortage is worrying me a bit.