Daily Essentials-

pthrift

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been meaning to do a shot like this forever and never seem to take time to get around to it.
C&C welcome but not necessary. There are flaws- I rushed the shoot too much.

click for larger in flickr

Nice Ruger. Looks like my LCR. I like the idea you had going but it gets hard to get a multiple subject photo to look/be catching. I would say add some dramatic lighting or effects to spice it up. Or more guns. ;)

The reflection off the wood is distracting. Need to set the lights differently and then try a reshoot. Keep them coming.

Agree that the reflection off the wood is distracting.

Now, a little OT, how do you like your Uncle Mikes? I've been looking at them but seen mixed reviews.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Nice Ruger. Looks like my LCR. I like the idea you had going but it gets hard to get a multiple subject photo to look/be catching. I would say add some dramatic lighting or effects to spice it up. Or more guns. ;)
lol it was an edc shot. If I get to carrying multiple guns per day I just need to move.

The reflection off the wood is distracting. Need to set the lights differently and then try a reshoot. Keep them coming.
The lighting was my biggest issue. It was next to a window but not quite enough light so I added a lamp which cast harsh shadows. Then I tried to position the lamp above the subject angled downward; which is the shot you see. I spot corrected the exposure in post in the lower left side of the image; but clearly not enough.
Agree that the reflection off the wood is distracting.

Now, a little OT, how do you like your Uncle Mikes? I've been looking at them but seen mixed reviews.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk
Uncle Mike's is good. Not the best but good once you find the proper fit. That's s size 3 which is not the recommended size for that pistol but it fits and works nicely for me. That holster is about 3 years old now and sees use probably 3-6days per week and has held up well & proven comfortable and keeps things well concealed.

Looks like I've found another OPO user! :icon_surprised:
But back to the picture, I'd say that it's a bit boring. It totally makes sense to take the shot from directly above in order to capture everything but maybe "spice it up" by going for more drastic angles?

Looks like I've found another OPO user! :icon_surprised:
But back to the picture, I'd say that it's a bit boring. It totally makes sense to take the shot from directly above in order to capture everything but maybe "spice it up" by going for more drastic angles?
You know its funny. As madly popular the OPO is online; I've never met anyone else in real life who has even heard of it much less owns one.

Next time I will try a different approach to it completely. The more I go back the less I like this image. Total time from setup to the shoot and post processing was less than a half hour. I've spent a half hour just shooting in the past. I rushed it; it shows.

You know its funny. As madly popular the OPO is online; I've never met anyone else in real life who has even heard of it much less owns one

Really? I know 3 other people who own one that live in my area. I'm pretty sure more and more people will start to have it now that the invite system is gone.

Next time I will try a different approach to it completely. The more I go back the less I like this image. Total time from setup to the shoot and post processing was less than a half hour. I've spent a half hour just shooting in the past. I rushed it; it shows.

Looking forward to seeing those improved shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back