jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I purchased an ND 2-400 filter for my lenses, and gave it a tryout today witht he Sigma 105mm Macro. Not sure what the final setting was, because I was using live view, and was turning the filter to get what I thought was the best lighting, but it was very bright, and hard to read the LCD. I meant to bring the speed down, but forgot to in my haste. Here's the result.

f/2.8 1/1000 ISO 200 105mm
aug26202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

-

Was this a RAW recording? If so, it is a tad too saturated and
warm, the way I see it. If it was JPG recorded, you might con-
sider an other option than vivid and setting the WB on Auto.

In any case, before you start using it, test the filter for its neutra-
lity — all ND's are not created equal.

Nice dog btw! :encouragement:

-

This picture was posted in the 'Just For Fun' section. Therefore, no critique is required. IE, it's a fun shot. Just something to bear in mind.

Last edited:
This picture was posted in the 'Just For Fun' section. Therefore, no critique is required. IE, it's a fun shot.

Just For Fun — This is the place for your less serious work. Post pictures of your
pets, funny images - or maybe something that just happened to catch your atten-
tion! Not intended for serious critique.

I only meant to mention that ND filters often produce colour shifts.

Fun experiment, may come in use down the road. This sort of stuff really makes photography funner... you would Crack up if you looked inside my camera bag... cardboard, scissors, gaffer tape, Vaseline, filters, bubble levels, etc

Just For Fun — This is the place for your less serious work. Post pictures of your
pets, funny images - or maybe something that just happened to catch your atten-
tion! Not intended for serious critique.

I only meant to mention that ND filters often produce colour shifts.
We understand, you couldn't stop yourself, lol! :lol:

Agreed, Jeff, it's a little soft on the sharpness but it's still a nice shot. Lot's of time to play around with the lens and get used to it.

-

Yes, RAW, so I can play with it a bit. Focus was a challenge, because I was using Live View and could hardly see the screen, but I've discovered that Live View provides a more accurate picture of what will be recorded with the ND filter on, that using the mirror.
Nice dog.....
Thanks!
Fun experiment, may come in use down the road. This sort of stuff really makes photography funner... you would Crack up if you looked inside my camera bag... cardboard, scissors, gaffer tape, Vaseline, filters, bubble levels, etc
Yes, I'm going to have to get a better camera bag for all my odds and ends. :D
Agreed, Jeff, it's a little soft on the sharpness but it's still a nice shot. Lot's of time to play around with the lens and get used to it.
Yep, and a little green in color. Was using Live View due to the ND filter, which is adjustable between 2 and 400, so I think I took it a little dark. The filter made a huge difference though, at f/2.8.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back