DAMN! i just realized that all my fireworks photos were taken at ISO 800

yeah i do that alot too. I'll be taking some pictures on iso 250 or 400 of my dog running around like nuts and then i'll switch to my 50mm 1.8 lens for a close up picture of somebody and i'll forget to switch my ISO. Just have to make it a priority to check your ISO often.

Every time I turn my camera off, I always switch back to 200 from whatever I am doing. The same goes for other settings such as single/continuous shooting, AF/MF etc...

I also quickly scan my settings on the LCD every time I turn it on. Good habits to get into.

I just did that today!
The other night we were camping and I took some pictures at the campfire at night, ISO 1600.
Today I drove all through the countryside taking pictures of farms, churches, fields, only to get home to grainy pictures and thinking WTF??
Duh!

I used to do that frequently too. I usually remember to check it now, because of that error. It destroyed several otherwise excellent images. Frankly, I wish my camera would reset to ISO 100 every time I turned it off.

I thinkI did that once, but I can't remember as the photos I took immediately went in the recycling folder!

I've kept the ISO on 400 instead of 200 a couple of times, though. Didn't affect the images too much.

No big deal. Just run them through any of the noise reduction plug-ins and you'll be fine.

No big deal. Just run them through any of the noise reduction plug-ins and you'll be fine.
Heh, they were awful photos anyway :p I have this really bad habit of deleting photos that aren't up to my exacting standards.

not for me. At 1600, they are still grainy even after noise reduction. :confused:

none of my photos had any noise at 800 so i guess i'm ok

Most reactions

New Topics

Back