Damn you Mr Rabbit!!!!

You cruel son of a <female dog>! That's not punishment, that's inhuman!!!!

Yeah - I tend to go overboard, sometimes. I've never had to serve on a criminal jury, though.

Yeah - I tend to go overboard, sometimes. I've never had to serve on a criminal jury, though.

One of the main reasons that I never break the law - not even jaywalking. Last thing in the world I want is to place my fate in the hands of 12 people who were too stupid to get out of jury duty.

One of the main reasons that I never break the law - not even jaywalking. Last thing in the world I want is to place my fate in the hands of 12 people who were too stupid to get out of jury duty.

You'd rather have the jury bought and paid for? :er:

people that find ways to get out of jury duty have no right to complain when juries make stupid decisions.
as much as i hate doing it, its my civic duty. so I do it.
does nobody take these things seriously anymore?
no wonder society is headed down the crapper.

people that find ways to get out of jury duty have no right to complain when juries make stupid decisions.
as much as i hate doing it, its my civic duty. so I do it.
does nobody take these things seriously anymore?
no wonder society is headed down the crapper.

I've been called once. I went, answered the questions honestly - and the defense attorney made sure I was bounced almost immediately. As for civic duty - I've already done more than my share, for two different countries now.. lol

Been called once. Was working out-of-town, so they deferred me for 3 months at my request. Got a personal injury case, ended up being foreman.

Brother was on a murder case in Texas. Guy emptied two clips into the back of a cop getting gas. Gave 'im the needle.

I got called, and I went. We were told the first week was mandatory, the second week was optional. Since I had Administrative Leave and was getting paid, I stayed for both weeks. I was able to sit on a civil case, but no criminal cases. I had previously worked for the Police Department and was currently supporting the CAD system; "Yes, I know the arresting officer and three of the other five patrol officers on the list, I know the detective as well;" defense attorneys challenge that stuff (whether I'd be impartial or not.) Now, you call in the night before to see if you have to report - though I've gotten on "panels" a number of times, I've only had to report the one time. Same with my lovely wife - she got a civil (disability) case, but no criminal cases (she also worked for the PD - it's how we met.)

Most reactions

Back