Dancer

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some dance photos a couple of weeks ago. Still using my Canon 1000D - 18 to 55mm kit lens. The event was a live show following a weekend of workshops for dancers. I was a member of the audience, not the official photographer, and thus pretty much restricted to my seat.

This is one of a Spanish dancer. Lighting in the venue (a conference room in a London Hotel) was (as usual) awful and no flash permitted.
The first image is the original with some lighting level adjustment in PS. The second is with the crappy background removed (using Paint Shop Pro 7 - I still prefer that old thing for some tasks), replaced with black and then a salt and pepper filter applied to smooth out some of the graininess from the high ISO.

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome - I come here to learn!

f5.6
1/80
0 step
30mm

1)
Turki_Spanish_0444small.jpg

2)
Turki_Spanish_0444csmall.jpg

Not really a lot to comment or critique here. I think you've done about as a good a job as it was possible to do under the conditions and with the equipment available.

What John said. No offense, but this never would have made it off of my CF card. Sometimes things just don't work out due to equipment, restrictions, etc. Best not to get sentimental and just delete them.

No offence taken. However, if I went by that standard, subscuck, I'd have sold my camera on ebay years ago and taken up knitting. I see what you're saying, though.

Most reactions

Back