Dark comfort

frank06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm really new to photography, but I thought this was a cool pic, taken of a church in Beconsfield, Quebec, Canada. (hope the link works)
I say dark comfort, because despite the eerie look of it, there's always been some sort of comfort (to me) when standing on church grounds.
Pls, let me know what you think :)

2005-12-16-PointeClaireVillage.jpg

Hey there. This is an interesting idea, but I feel the post processing is a bit funky and overdone here [personal taste]. I think the church would've looked better if it was exposed evenly, unless the "Dark comfort" theme is applicable to the way it was rendered? Half dark half lit? Its eerie/creepy indeed, I just think the pp is not exactly working here.

best wishes

Cool. Kinda "necronomicon" rings in the air.
Try rotating it a bit (~5 deg). The church is a bit tilted.

Cheers.

it is a cool shot. it really doesnt look real to me...the church has a dollhouse feel to it

Thanks for the comments! I'm obviously no expert when it comes to this lol
This pic wasn't edited either, taken as is with my old konica 3.2mp.I want to take another pic once I get, or borrow, another camera!

Oh, if you think it's a faker, have look for yourself! It's a church called "Paroise St Joachim". I said beconsfield, my bad, it's actually in Pointe Claire:

Google Maps

I also got a pic of the statue facing it, with the moon showing as a halo around it's head, but can't seem to find it....i think it got lost when my hard drive crashed a few years back.

Most reactions

Back