Dark corners on rear LCD of Nikon D7000

Iftekhar Ahmed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. I have just signed-up in this forum. I am in need of your help. I have a Nikon D7000 and I have been using it since 2012. Everything was working fine. Suddenly yesterday, I saw that the rear LCD is showing some dark shadows. All four corners have this dark shadow but the shadows on upper and lower corners on the right side of the LCD is bigger. First I thought it's a lens issue then I changed lens and its the same. Live view is pretty alarming with these corner patches. Although my images are not effected by this dark shadow, I am in need of your help or suggestions on what could be the reason behind this problem and is there any way to solve this. If anyone faced the same issue earlier, it will be really helpful if you share your experience.
Sorry for my long words. Thanks a lot for your time.

I had a d7000 but never had the issues you are describing.

Is there any separation of the LCD panel at the corners in the areas of the dark shadows?
This may be an instance where there is a LCD issue, which would need to be sent to Nikon to fix.

I had a d7000 but never had the issues you are describing.

Is there any separation of the LCD panel at the corners in the areas of the dark shadows?
This may be an instance where there is a LCD issue, which would need to be sent to Nikon to fix.

Hello astroNikon. No there is no separation. And there is no signs of damage too..Wondering how this happened.
I'll wait for any other tips/suggestion until I take it to the service center. Thank you for your reply.

Was it exposed to direct sunlight for a while? It should go back to normal if it was not left in direct sunlight for too long.

Was it exposed to direct sunlight for a while? It should go back to normal if it was not left in direct sunlight for too long.

Actually it was bagged for a certain period!
Good one. I will give it a try first thing in the morning. Thanks a lot!

See if you can post of photo of it with the issue you describe. That will go a long way towards helping out.

Hello all.

I am also having the same problem.

I have just signed-up in this forum. I am in need of your help.

I have a Nikon D7000 I saw that the rear LCD is showing some dark shadows. All four corners have this dark shadow but the shadows on upper and lower corners on the right side of the LCD is bigger. First I thought it's a lens issue then I changed lens and its the same. Live view is pretty alarming with these corner patches. Although my images are not effected by this dark shadow, I am in need of your help or suggestions on what could be the reason behind this problem and is there any way to solve this. If anyone faced the same issue earlier, it will be really helpful if you share your experience.

Any solution??

Iftekhar Ahmed Have you tried anything, now the problem resolved or not ?

IMG-20160422-WA0009.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back