Dark on a bright day

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They are building a house next door & yesterday they were pumping the concrete into the foundation forms. I thought I would take a few pics of the operation as keepsakes for them. It was a very bright afternoon & I have glasses that darken in the light. My glasses darkened so much I could not see if the camera had locked on to a focus; the image in either the viewfinder or screen was barely visible. I have dealt with this before but the reflective light off the snow seems to have compounded the problem & made the glasses very dark. Add to this, wearing gloves did not make for a good experience or good photos.

Do any of you have this problem & how do you deal with it.

Very frustrated Ron.

IMG_1309.jpg

Does your camera not have a dioptric adjustment on the viewfinder which will allow you to shoot without your glasses?

Does your camera not have a dioptric adjustment on the viewfinder which will allow you to shoot without your glasses?

It does but I do not get a good view but that is something to try again in similar circumstances as it must be better than what I was getting.

Lockwood
Is it just me or does that look like a tripod rising out of the snow...like something from War of the Worlds.

Do you mean the articulated boom on the pump?

H5.jpg

It does but I do not get a good view but that is something to try again in similar circumstances as it must be better than what I was getting.
I don't know if it's an option on your camera (and even if it was, it would be pricey), but you might look into getting a custom eyepiece. Probably the cheapest alternative is just to get a set of non-photochromatic glasses to keep with your camera.

Most reactions

Back