Dark Photos ?

It says I may not post attachments. As for the rounded education who are you to critique my grammar or anything else. I have been on other forums for some time now and have never came across a pompous *** like you BJ. When I ask you about my grammar then you may reply BJ. Please excuse my tone moderator.

the best way to post pictueres into the thread is to upload onto photobucket or flickr then copy/paste the image code directly into your message.
heres a good thread to help you: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

and as for bitter jewler, well i was reading through the trhead, and the way i see it, he was just poking some sarcasm around. ;)

Thank you for your help. I will check into the photobucket. I hear ya on the sarcasm.

When I say allot, I mean allot.

And what you really should say and mean, is, "a lot".

Sentences should not begin with "And" and the period should precede the end quotes.

If you want to get picky about grammar, then YOU are INCORRECT. The period is ONLY within the quotes when the whole sentence is a quote. When only a word or phrase is in quotes, then the period is outside the quotes as it is here and done CORRECTLY.

skieur

And what you really should say and mean, is, "a lot".

Sentences should not begin with "And" and the period should precede the end quotes.

If you want to get picky about grammar, then YOU are INCORRECT. The period is ONLY within the quotes when the whole sentence is a quote. When only a word or phrase is in quotes, then the period is outside the quotes as it is here and done CORRECTLY.

skieur

Perhaps that's correct in the 51st state but it's academic as my point went completely over your head.

skieur

Perhaps that's correct in the 51st state but it's academic as my point went completely over your head.

No, that is correct anywhere that English is spoken, even in your part of the US.

skieur

skieur

No, that is correct anywhere that English is spoken, even in your part of the US.

skieur

My point is still over your head but, should you choose to discuss grammar, read this.

oh goodness, go take some pictures.

grammar_time.jpg

The second rule is a little more complex. It allows a period and a quotation mark to have two different relationships, depending on the meaning of the sentence. It lets the punctuation express more nuance.
This is the second rule: “A period goes inside the quotation marks when they enclose a complete sentence; it goes outside the quotation marks when they do not enclose a complete sentence.”

Is it acceptable to begin a sentence with the word and or but?
The answer is yes. It is perfectly acceptable to start sentences with the conjunctions and and but. However, it is slightly informal. If formality is your goal, choose more formal language.

Last edited:
Ok .. back to the topic. No more grandma related stuff below this post .. oh grammer .. no no grammar.

grammar_time.jpg

The second rule is a little more complex. It allows a period and a quotation mark to have two different relationships, depending on the meaning of the sentence. It lets the punctuation express more nuance.
This is the second rule: “A period goes inside the quotation marks when they enclose a complete sentence; it goes outside the quotation marks when they do not enclose a complete sentence.”
Is it acceptable to begin a sentence with the word and or but?
The answer is yes. It is perfectly acceptable to start sentences with the conjunctions and and but. However, it is slightly informal. If formality is your goal, choose more formal language.

Again, you are incorrect, sir. However, I have no desire to discuss this matter. The point of my initial post went over your head and over skieur's head.

Again, you are incorrect, sir. However, I have no desire to discuss this matter. The point of my initial post went over your head and over skieur's head.

I get the point of your initial post.
Apparently, though, what was meant as an innocuous post of dry humour was missed by most in regards to my post. Reactions would be understandable if I ran around here policing grammar, spelling or punction on a regular basis.

Your continued response to the matter, insisting others are wrong, does not support your proposed lack of desire to discuss it.

wtf? seriously. grammar battle? Who cares. Is this a high school English exam? If you are going to care about grammar on a forum then throw your computer out the window right now because you're a ridiculous human being and should not be allowed on the internet.

What Im waiting for is the OP to put up a link so we can help him out. Though the grammar nazi stuff has been mildly entertaining.
644102601_CMugN-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back