Datsun at local car show

andrewshelton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_3059.JPG
Insta:mad:andrewzhelton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like the combination of contrast, reflections, perspective, and perhaps focus (though I can't be certain on that) robs a lot of detail from the image.
The shadows seem very blocked up to me.

I feel like the combination of contrast, reflections, perspective, and perhaps focus (though I can't be certain on that) robs a lot of detail from the image.
The shadows seem very blocked up to me.

blocked up? it was in a highly lit indoor arena... so there isnt a whole lot pf shadows plus it is on airbags. and sadly i have a d5300:/

Yeah...blocked up...very little tonal variation in the blacks...despite it being "highly lit", the tonal range is compressed.

It's a fine camera - nothing to complain about. I think the processing is the issue maybe? The shadows are so dark I'm losing detail that might enhance the contours. A polarizing filter might have helped with some of the glare maybe. It's tough lighting. Just my 2 cents.

It's a fine camera - nothing to complain about. I think the processing is the issue maybe? The shadows are so dark I'm losing detail that might enhance the contours. A polarizing filter might have helped with some of the glare maybe. It's tough lighting. Just my 2 cents.

Yes the camera is a great starter, been saving for a d810 sometime soon hopefully. Hard to shoot with 4000 people around hahaha

Don't blame the equipment. Save some money and learn how to get the best out of that camera. Some of my favorite shots came out of my D90 and your camera smokes it in almost every way.

Datsun? Oh my. Those rusted out in about 3 years here in Michigan.

Yes the camera is a great starter, been saving for a d810 sometime soon hopefully. Hard to shoot with 4000 people around hahaha

car shows make the worst places to take pictures of cars. plus that Datsun has been ruined.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back