What's new

Daughter meets Mother nature

limeblu

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A quick shot, editing and it is what it is, two of the most beautiful creatures on earth. Hope you enjoy, please comment, I appreciate the time and thought that goes into feedback.

TITLE: Daughter meets Mother Nature

 
Thanks so much for the input, I am currently working on an old laptop and trying to get the colors right is impossible, everything changes with the angle of the screen and the glare is horrific. Great catch, Unfortunately I am unable to really notice until I get the new hardware. Soon, very soon.

Cute Shot but the color. A little editing can bring most of it back.
 
composition wise, pretty nice shot.
color wise....well...you already know.
she looks like she needs to be resuscitated.
a good monitor will make it a lot easier to do your editing.
 
I assure you, she is alive and well. With it being so close to Halloween the coloring may be appropriate. I do have a desktop that I use when home, but I am in search of a laptop for when I am not. I realize laptop is not the best choice for editing, I am hoping a few of you could give some input as to what you use while working away from home. I am certain it will need 10-16 GB RAM and a quick processor, storage maybe 500gb-1TB not an issue as I can dump the files onto external when I am back home. Thanks for all input on the pic and anything you can help with on the laptop end, cheers


composition wise, pretty nice shot.
color wise....well...you already know.
she looks like she needs to be resuscitated.
a good monitor will make it a lot easier to do your editing.
 
I assure you, she is alive and well. With it being so close to Halloween the coloring may be appropriate. I do have a desktop that I use when home, but I am in search of a laptop for when I am not. I realize laptop is not the best choice for editing, I am hoping a few of you could give some input as to what you use while working away from home. I am certain it will need 10-16 GB RAM and a quick processor, storage maybe 500gb-1TB not an issue as I can dump the files onto external when I am back home. Thanks for all input on the pic and anything you can help with on the laptop end, cheers


composition wise, pretty nice shot.
color wise....well...you already know.
she looks like she needs to be resuscitated.
a good monitor will make it a lot easier to do your editing.

nah...you dont really need all that much.
i have an acer laptop from a few years ago. quad core processor, 6 gigs DDR3 ram. 750 gig HD.
it runs photoshop CS5 and LR4 just fine.
 
how about just don't edit it?
 
how about just don't edit it?

Not editing is a great way to save time and to challenge the perfect shot, I aim for it with every shutter release. I am not sure about everyone on here but I get a few that are spot on but I am always able to see something in the shots that could look better with adjustment. I also enjoy the art of manipulation, making things pop and in some cases like HDR, making scenes seem surreal. I am lucky enough to mix business with pleasure and when push comes to shove , I will do whatever the client wants to pay me for. Cheers.
 
ty pixmedic, nice to know, The one I am on right now feels about as powerful as a calculator.
 
how about just don't edit it?

Not editing is a great way to save time and to challenge the perfect shot, I aim for it with every shutter release. I am not sure about everyone on here but I get a few that are spot on but I am always able to see something in the shots that could look better with adjustment.

It has nothing to do with time here; I don't think you made it better with adjustments. Right now it looks like a missed focus shot of your daughter and a moth, and then you post-processed the crap out of it so it looks like it was taken on a 1MP cell-phone camera, completely oversaturated, and posted on instagram.

Being able to know when to edit and when to show restraint is a skill in its own. I think you ruined this picture by processing it. It's a cute candid shot of your daughter and a bug but I feel like you're reaching to make it something its not, with the overdramatic title of the shot and the processing.

I also enjoy the art of manipulation, making things pop and in some cases like HDR, making scenes seem surreal. I am lucky enough to mix business with pleasure and when push comes to shove , I will do whatever the client wants to pay me for. Cheers.

That's fine. IMHO I think you completely missed with this one; it's a candid snapshot of your daughter, it's not some deep image with hidden meaning that needs a title and artistic license with the processing to try to support the message you're forcing.

If I'm coming across as mean, please don't read it that way, this is just my opinion.
 
Wow opinionated would be understated. I really do appreciate that you are able to express yourself and your opinion in such a subdued and delicate manner. I hear what you are saying and by no means was I trying to give the impression that my daughter actually created the moth. I did post process the shot and I am very aware that the color is not as I intended which was stated earlier when I mentioned that I was currently working on a less then adequate laptop while away from my desktop. It is obvious from your previous statement asking "how about just don't edit it?" that you may have issues with anything other then an unedited image, that is fine with me, I am happy you were able to vent on my photo.
From viewing your prior posts in the forum it would seem that you are one of those opinionated trolls who love to bash on anybody other then those who have ever agreed with you or who has been a member longer then you. I can also see that you tend to have quite a few issues with anything involving any program that is used to edit photos and enjoy bashing others whom have had almost the same issues, I am referring to previous posts. You are also amazing at interpretation. For you to definitively state that it is not a deep image would make the words shallow and underdeveloped come to mind, actually I am thinking that sums it up. If I'm coming across as mean, please don't read it that way, this is just my opinion.

how about just don't edit it?

Not editing is a great way to save time and to challenge the perfect shot, I aim for it with every shutter release. I am not sure about everyone on here but I get a few that are spot on but I am always able to see something in the shots that could look better with adjustment.

It has nothing to do with time here; I don't think you made it better with adjustments. Right now it looks like a missed focus shot of your daughter and a moth, and then you post-processed the crap out of it so it looks like it was taken on a 1MP cell-phone camera, completely oversaturated, and posted on instagram.

Being able to know when to edit and when to show restraint is a skill in its own. I think you ruined this picture by processing it. It's a cute candid shot of your daughter and a bug but I feel like you're reaching to make it something its not, with the overdramatic title of the shot and the processing.

I also enjoy the art of manipulation, making things pop and in some cases like HDR, making scenes seem surreal. I am lucky enough to mix business with pleasure and when push comes to shove , I will do whatever the client wants to pay me for. Cheers.

That's fine. IMHO I think you completely missed with this one; it's a candid snapshot of your daughter, it's not some deep image with hidden meaning that needs a title and artistic license with the processing to try to support the message you're forcing.

If I'm coming across as mean, please don't read it that way, this is just my opinion.
 
^ Oh, someone that ends their post the same way the person they are responding to just did....I LOVE that move. I INVENTED that move. JK, but who ever did was a genius!

Oh and yes, I agree with everyone else about the colors and over processing.

Please post another edit when you are on your desktop and have a chance to make another edit.
 
Don't worry, you're not coming across as mean; you're coming across as someone that can't take an objective critique and doesn't actually appreciate the time and thought that goes into it.

It is obvious from your previous statement asking "how about just don't edit it?" that you may have issues with anything other then an unedited image, that is fine with me, I am happy you were able to vent on my photo.

This is not what I was suggesting, and I tried to elaborate in my next post. I edit all my pictures, why would I take offense to you editing yours? That statement was supposed to be read as: If you're going to end up with a picture that looks like it was ran through a bunch of photoshop filters which ultimately results, imho, with a picture that wasn't as good as the original, why spend all the time and effort?

I hear what you are saying and by no means was I trying to give the impression that my daughter actually created the moth.

Then I don't believe you heard what I was saying. I never suggested such.

From viewing your prior posts in the forum it would seem that you are one of those opinionated trolls who love to bash on anybody other then those who have ever agreed with you or who has been a member longer then you. I can also see that you tend to have quite a few issues with anything involving any program that is used to edit photos and enjoy bashing others whom have had almost the same issues, I am referring to previous posts.

I've only "bashed" on "HDR"; I don't bash on members. Ever. Nothing I said was a personal attack. I gave you my thoughts about your picture and your editing. That doesn't make me a troll. Sure I might come across as harsh or tactless but it's hard to critique on the web without sounding that way. My intent is not to offend and that's why I ended my post with that disclaimer. It was legitimate as I did not want/expect this sort of reaction (I've never had to leave such before, but I wanted to tread lightly with a picture of your daughter that you have a lot of attachment to). I gave the honest opinion you ask for about your work, and now you've gone and called me a troll and suggest all I do is attack other members and stroke others I like. All I do is look at pictures, give my thoughts and try to learn from others and help out where I can and have a little fun while doing it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom