Daughter passed away last night... need a favor...

splproductions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I just joined this community a little over a week ago, but I just thought I'd let everyone know... I had the hardest photo shoot of my life last night as I took photos of my wife holding our little 11-day old daughter as she passed away. I also took photos of her on her hospital bed. Needless to say it was pretty tough. (Those newborn photos I posted a few days ago were of my little boy - we had twins.) She had a heart defect that was supposed to be a difficult but commonly done surgery, but it turned out to be more complex. They put her on bypass and then we had to let her go.

I was wondering if there is anyone here on the forum who is a pro at Photoshop editing. I need a favor from someone who has more skills with touching up portrait-type photography than I do. She looks pretty rough in the photos I took because of all the things that had been taped to her face during her stay in the NICU and in surgery. Using the Portraiture plug-in really smoothed out her face and brought some color back, but her lips are blue and I don't know how to bring the correct tint just to that area.

When they took her off of life support, it was the first time since she was born that we got to really see her face unobstructed from tubes going down her throat and nose. We could tell she was so beautiful even with all of those things on her face, but we had never really seen what she would have looked like as a normal little girl. So these photos once they took the tubes out is all we'll ever have to remember her as a normal sweet girl.

If there is anyone that would be willing to contact me via email to give it a shot, I would be so, so appreciative. I could Dropbox a few RAW files to anyone who was willing to help. I can be contacted at splproductions (at) yahoo dot com. Thanks again, and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

I am so sorry to hear that! My condolences!

I am so sorry for your loss!
Send me the originals. Raw if you have them. It's easiest if you put them in a zip file and upload them to something like mediafire.
[email protected]

God bless you and your family. My condolences and prayers are sent your way.

My sympathies! Unfortunately I can't help as I am traveling and dint have access to necessary bandwidth or software, but there are lots of experts here. I'm sure you will be happy with MLeek's work.

As a father and grandfather myself, words cannot adequately express how truly saddened I am to read of your heartbreaking loss.

MLeeK does very good work, and I'm sure this will be no exception to that.

Heartbreaking, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could help but I don't have access to my work station. Again I am truly sorry for you and your wife :(

There are others more qualified than I and I would be afraid to attempt it but I want to extend my condolences to you and your family. This post really touched and saddened me. I absolutely adore babies and I know you and yours have to be going through a very difficult and sad time. I hope your little boy is healthy and brings you many hours and many years of joy.

Jerry

I'm am so sorry for your loss. I hope someone is able to help you. :(

If I were in that situation, there is no way that I would be able to do it. I commend your courage and strength for capturing something that is so very difficult now, but very important to have for the future.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear that. Send it to me, I will work on the photo. Robin at Usagani.com

I can't help with the PS, just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your wife and family.

Maybe there is someone who is involved with and has experience NILMDTS who can help. Give some time for folks to see the post. Perhaps you can contact one of the photographers involved with the program to help you out with keeping a memory of your little one.
Home - Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

My Condolences on the loss of you new baby girl. My Best to you and your wife on the Blessing of your new baby boy. When the time is right please come back and share your photos of him and your wife with us. Stay strong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back