Daughter's Dance Portraits

UncleRico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I've posted. I have continued to work on my portraits. I had a good opportunity this past weekend when my daughter had to get ready for her dance competition. I feel like I have progressed, but know that they still could be better.

I will say that this set had a lot more "keepers" than usual, so that alone made me feel good. I was curious to hear what a non-vested person might say.

3481864834_d1ff18b53e.jpg

3481745366_6ef04c9127.jpg

3480939879_dc809fd7d6.jpg

3481745182_bf80d1b661.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ryan

Nice work! And what a lovely little girl. In #3 she's especially "bursting with charm!" The only thing I would say about that portrait is it might have benefited from slightly less contrast, and the eye and shadows on the left side not being quite so dark (an easy fix). But a hugely successful portrait in my opinion. Other than that, they might all benefit from a slightly darker background. Thanks for showing!

These look great. They seem very sharp and the super-soft lighting is just right. I think in the last two pictures a large reflector to the left of her face would have helped. Particularly in number three, I think it gets distractingly dark.

I love the black and white one, her eyes look amazing! The lighting in the first is spot on.

They look great. I agree with Petruzzo, that #3 seems a bit dark dark on the left, but mostly over all to me. I think the camera right side of her face is about how I would want the shadows to be, and highlights should be brighter. Looks like you could just push it a bit in PS. 3 and 4 also look like they would have been great shots for glamour lighting. Great work, though.

Wow! She's such a natural! Lucky guy-you've got the perfect practice subject, even though you look pretty well-practiced.

The only thing I would say about that portrait is it might have benefited from slightly less contrast, and the eye and shadows on the left side not being quite so dark (an easy fix).

This seemed to be a common theme with a couple of the photos. Thanks, to everyone who commented. I appreciate you taking the time to look and provide feedback on my photos. I agree, the last two are a bit dark and could have used a reflector.

My personal favorite was the B&W, maybe that's because I know her personality.

This was my first time shooting with two lights, so it was a learning experience.

Thanks!

Ryan

Wow, these are pretty good!

I think I like #1 the most, but it's hard to decide.

The only thing I don't like about #2 is her smile. It looks kinda fake.

Wow, these are pretty good!

I think I like #1 the most, but it's hard to decide.

The only thing I don't like about #2 is her smile. It looks kinda fake.

I agree. She's had that smile since birth. I kept having to ask her to give me a big grin. . .otherwise, she was cheesing it up :lol:

Thanks,

Ryan

Most reactions

New Topics

Back